PDA

View Full Version : Efke 25 rollfilm and PMK

Barry Kirsten
20-Oct-2010, 14:19
Sorry to raise this again, as I know it's been exhaustively discussed before. However, returning to B&W photography after several years I'm about to try Efke 25 rollfilm for the first time in PMK, which was formerly my developer of choice.

I've thoroughly searched the web for information on developing times and have uncovered lots of confusion. For example:

5.5 - 6 min. and 15 min (one post) on this forum,

12 min. - unblinking eye,

7.5 min. - massive dev. chart.

No doubt some of these figures may relate to different film sizes, dilutions and temperatures. If a few Efke/PMK users could post their actual times and temperatures for 1+2+100, I'd be very grateful.

My gut feeling based on past experience with other films tells me that 6-7 min. is probably in the right ball park. (No way would I be game to try 15 min right off :eek: !)

Many thanks,

Baz.

Lachlan 717
20-Oct-2010, 14:38
Baz,

I use Pyro MC with sheet Efke 25. With this soup at 1:1:100, I have n at about 5 minutes.

So, your 6-7 seems more realistic than 12 minutes!

Drew Wiley
20-Oct-2010, 16:04
I'll be doing exactly that about two hours from now. My "N" development at 20C
in hand-inverson tanks is 6min for Efke 25 exposed at ASA 25, PMK standard mix and
dilution (1:2:100).

Dave Aharonian
21-Oct-2010, 22:51
I can't speak for 120, but if its any help, I process Efke 25 in 4x5 sheets for 5.5 minutes, at the standard PMK dilution (1:2:100).

Daniel Unkefer
22-Oct-2010, 14:14
I just picked up 150 sheets of 6x9cm Efke 25, to shoot in my two Plaubel Makiflexes. This is very good information to know, PMK+ is my favorite developer hands down.

Barry Kirsten
23-Oct-2010, 12:55
I just picked up 150 sheets of 6x9cm Efke 25, to shoot in my two Plaubel Makiflexes. This is very good information to know, PMK+ is my favorite developer hands down.

Lucky man! We are currently out of stock for all Efke in Melbourne, it seems. There is supposedly some "on the boat" from Germany, but when it gets here remains the big question. :confused:

So I have not yet had the pleasure of trying Efke and must continue to be patient. I have seen lots of good examples of this film on the web and am very keen to try it.

Many thanks for assistance with times for PMK.

baz.