PDA

View Full Version : Does a Linhof 6x9 back fit easily on a Sinar?

Hovmod
18-Oct-2010, 05:31
In a used camera shop in Singapore I found a Linhof 6x9 back, which looks like it's never been used.
Very pretty and well virtually irresistible.

So, it's got a square mounting flange thingy, and I wondered if this would happen to be the right size for my Sinar? And will the film be the right distance from the lens so that what I saw on the GG is what I get on the film?

Here's the box it comes in, maybe it helps someone identify it.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4125/5092740179_16598258b3_z.jpg

Also, what do these things normally go for these days? I don't want to pay double ebay or anything...

Thanks.

IanG
18-Oct-2010, 06:11
No, that back is for a 6x9 Linhof Technika.

Your Sinar I assume is a 5x4 (9x12) camera, the roll film backs are fitted to a larger plate.

Ian

Peter K
18-Oct-2010, 06:42
So, it's got a square mounting flange thingy, and I wondered if this would happen to be the right size for my Sinar? And will the film be the right distance from the lens so that what I saw on the GG is what I get on the film?
If the RF back has a square mounting flange it's in the wrong box.

A 6x9 Super Rollex back has a circular dove-tail with a diameter of appr. 12 cm or 4.75" that fits a Technika 6x9cm. The RF back for 4x5" cameras has a mounting plate appr. 4.75" x 6" resp. 12 x 15 cm.

Possible you can show us a picture of the back and not the box. ;)

Hovmod
18-Oct-2010, 07:35
Hm. Looked square to me.
There was indeed a circle of about that size, on a square (or so I thought) base plate.

I'll let it go, then.

Thanks.

Bob Salomon
18-Oct-2010, 07:50
Hm. Looked square to me.
There was indeed a circle of about that size, on a square (or so I thought) base plate.

I'll let it go, then.

Thanks.

If you want to, you can buy the 45 housing only to convert your back into the 45 version. Then it will fit your Sinar.