PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Ilford Multigrade 400HL users..

Robbie Bedell
15-Oct-2010, 19:29
I have two Ilford Multigrade 400HL heads and I love them. But I do have some questions that only others who own (or have owned) and use these out-dated light sources. If you are one of those people please let me know, and I will ask away..and thank you in advance!

mcfactor
19-Oct-2010, 17:41
I have used one for the past couple years and am relatively familiar with it. Ask away and I will try to answer.

Robbie Bedell
20-Oct-2010, 15:26
Thank You McFactor! My heads are on my two Omega D2s. When you turn on the light with no negative in the negative carrier, do you get an even light across the whole easel? When I measure this light with a meter (this is on my second enlarger which I just obtained and I am just setting up) I am getting readings which vary by as much as a half of a stop at the edges and in the corners. Should the bulbs be inserted in any special way? Do bulbs of different makers put out different amounts of light? The light on my first D2 seems plenty even. I will be making prints soon and then I will see for sure. If this newer enlarger works out, then I will be getting rid of my first one, which is the long column, which I just don't need.

mcfactor
20-Oct-2010, 16:38
I have not had a problem with uneven light, in fact it works just as well on 4x5 as on smaller formats. Different light bulbs will give you different light output, though. Check the wattage and change them all at the same time. I dont think the bulbs should be inserted in a special way, but I havent changed them in a while, so I dont remember for sure.