PDA

View Full Version : fine art photography

maurizio.gagliardini
15-Oct-2010, 04:40
Hello everyone just wanted to ask you things the fine art? here in Italy is now virtually disappeared almost completely, so I wanted to ask things exactly how should we create? that rules are there in this world? I want to know more about the fine art! thanks

Vaughn
15-Oct-2010, 08:28
Fine art photography is doing fine -- it just gets hidden in the glut of images created now that the phone and camera have been bought together in one tool/entertainment device.

No rules but the ones we want to follow and use as a point of departure for out artistic journey.

Ignoring the commercial aspect of art, art is the expression of our relationship with reality...or as Herman Hesse wrote: Art is the contemplation of the world is a state of grace. And to paraphrase Yoda, there is no how, only do.

Getting into it any deeper than that only leads to excess verbosity and a desire to get a Masters Degree in Art. ;)

Vaughn

rguinter
15-Oct-2010, 09:36
Yes I agree with Vaughn completely. Art is and one is free to "do their own thing" as we used to say. And when others tell us they "like" what we're doing that is a great compliment. Believe it or not my barber keeps asking me for more of my photos to put on his wall. For a simple hobbyist it doesn't get any better than that.

And regarding the current "glut of images" from iPhones and the like... no worries. They are not like Kodachromes and most will quickly disappear... leaving artists' images to endure the test of time. Bob G.

Ken Lee
15-Oct-2010, 10:15
La ricompensa della bellezza è... bellezza

Vaughn
15-Oct-2010, 12:22
...And regarding the current "glut of images" from iPhones and the like... no worries. They are not like Kodachromes and most will quickly disappear... leaving artists' images to endure the test of time. Bob G.

True, but they seem to be piling up faster than they disappear!LOL!

Dang got the Hesse quote wrong ("in" a state of grace -- not "is")

Vaughn

Nice bit of Italian, Ken...beauty for the sake of beauty!

Ken Lee
15-Oct-2010, 15:46
Beauty is its own reward.

Vaughn
15-Oct-2010, 17:29
I was translating very loosely. I actually prefer the more literal translation -- "The reward for beauty is...beauty." For some reason, it rings a little truer than either one of our translations -- more complete. Perhaps due to the differences in the subject of the sentence. Words -- amazing things...

maurizio.gagliardini
16-Oct-2010, 11:48
then it is only using a film as if it were a brush and release my imagination! There are no special methods of developing and printing?

Vaughn
16-Oct-2010, 16:55
If you want consistent results, your methods need to be consistent. Follow the basic instructions/receipes until you know enough to fine-tune the processes to fit your imagination.

maurizio.gagliardini
22-Oct-2010, 02:49
here and these "recipes" or bases where can I find? who documented?

Bill Burk
22-Oct-2010, 19:37
You came to the right place for all the recipes.

No one can predict how far your heart and soul will take you along the journey from craft to fine art. You might already be there.

If so, you could be making fine art very quickly with the help of the authors on this forum. You can learn enough in a week to know the basic steps. You can spend a year or more to get good and another year to perfect the skills. You might stretch this out over a lifetime.