PDA

View Full Version : Miami

David E. Rose
12-Oct-2010, 09:43
I will be in Miami for a week later this month. Does anyone have suggestions for visually interesting location in the general area?

cdholden
12-Oct-2010, 11:02
That depends on your tastes.
What kind of things are you looking for?
Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Naples, The Everglades and The Keys are all great sources of photogenic material and are within short dirving distance from Miami.

David E. Rose
12-Oct-2010, 11:46
That depends on your tastes.
What kind of things are you looking for?
Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Naples, The Everglades and The Keys are all great sources of photogenic material and are within short dirving distance from Miami.

I am intrigued by the Keys. How long of a drive from downtown Miami to Key West and is it worth the trip? Any interesting new architecture in the area?

Brian Ellis
12-Oct-2010, 12:52
The only good thing about Miami is that there are a lot of flights out.

Tom Schaefer
12-Oct-2010, 14:13
David call my cell and I can
give you some ideas
Born and raised here but looking
to move out in the near future
Tom
305-962-8910

Wayne Crider
12-Oct-2010, 15:35
I've shot all over Miami and down into Everglades National Park. Right now we're at the end of rainy season so the birds will be more out into the glades instead of in the sloughs. Anhinga tail is good but won't be great till we're dry.
Key West is 154 odd miles from Miami. 3.5 hours with no traffic approx. Figure 4 hours.
South Beach, Coral castle, Biltmore Hotel tour, Metrozoo and Vizcaya are all popular places. Best to Google attractions and read the reviews. I use to just drive around and take pic's everywhere.

Ed Richards
13-Oct-2010, 14:22
Fantasy Fest is in Key West about that time. Good if you like naked drunks, but not a prime time for photography.