PDA

View Full Version : Texas Country Reporter

Ty G
8-Oct-2010, 14:38
For you Texas guys or who see the show on RFDTV. Sometime in Nov. a show will air about my camera-making. They were out a couple weeks ago doing the taping.

bigdog
9-Oct-2010, 08:32
Let us know when. I'll keep a look out in DFW.

D. Bryant
9-Oct-2010, 08:44
For you Texas guys or who see the show on RFDTV. Sometime in Nov. a show will air about my camera-making. They were out a couple weeks ago doing the taping.
Any video on the web?

Don Bryant

Ty G
9-Oct-2010, 11:43
They said it will eventually end up on that u-tube thing. They have their own channel or something there.

bigdog
10-Oct-2010, 16:31
They said it will eventually end up on that u-tube thing. They have their own channel or something there.

They do, but their policy was to wait a year after airing before placing the video on Youtube.

Richard Rankin
13-Nov-2010, 08:04
From the listings on the Dish, it looks like this might be airing Nov 19, 2010

Ty G
19-Nov-2010, 21:59
Airing this Sunday...

bigdog
21-Nov-2010, 14:09
Arghhhhh ....

My cable decided to FU all morning and I didn't get this recorded. :mad:

J.B. Harlin
21-Nov-2010, 14:11
Great piece. . . congratulations Ty!!!

Richard Rankin
21-Nov-2010, 14:17
On my Dish schedule, it now says it is taping at 2:30am Monday morning

Gem Singer
21-Nov-2010, 14:30
I watched the show on TV this morning at 10AM on the AT&T cable.

Although the segment was a short one, it was done very well.

Ty's hand made wet plate cameras exhibited outstanding design and workmanship.

Tin types are not my cup of tea. However, I've always admired the photographers who documented the American Civil War using wet plates, dark boxes, and large cameras that had no mechanical shutters.

It must have had a real challenge to transport and set up their equipment outdoors using make-shift tents and horse drawn wagons.

msk2193
22-Nov-2010, 15:23
Ty,

Sat down really early this morning to watch the program.
Great introduction to a wonderful process I know nothing about.

Since you're not that far from the Metroplex, would you consider hosting some large formatters to introduce us to the process on some weekend day?

Who knows, you just might get someone hooked!

Ty G
22-Nov-2010, 22:54
Thanks all for the kind words.

Michael, just this sept. I got "recruited" to organize a get together of area wet plate photographers; TX, LA, OK. We did it in Sept in Arkansas. It was really fun, but next year I will definitely have it here at my place. I have 25 acres in the middle of nowhere and no neighbors within sight. My closest neighbor is about 1/3 of a mile away. Well, I do have a deer camp about 200 yards away. Anyway, when I organize it for this coming year, I will make sure to post an invite here on LF forum. Other than that, if you are ever in the area, give me a shout and swing by, though I usually don't keep chemicals made up all the time. Just too dang busy with the cameras.

eddie
23-Nov-2010, 01:03
Ty,

Who knows, you just might get someone hooked!

Beware! You all will probably be hooked! It takes jut once! :)

GPS
23-Nov-2010, 04:38
Ty, did you ever have a thought to produce other old view cameras with movements?

Ty G
23-Nov-2010, 08:13
GPS, I can put movements into my plate cameras (rise/fall, swing on rear, tilt on rear). If asking about using sheet film, I have given that much thought a few times, yet I have been almost too busy with the plate ones for a while.

GPS
23-Nov-2010, 08:44
GPS, I can put movements into my plate cameras (rise/fall, swing on rear, tilt on rear). If asking about using sheet film, I have given that much thought a few times, yet I have been almost too busy with the plate ones for a while.

I understand. Too much work for one person, not profitable for more people enterprise. But I dare to say that you would have customers for sheet film old cameras too...

taulen
23-Nov-2010, 10:31
Is there someway to see it online ? Anyone record it and able to post it online, as a "private" youtube video and only post the link here for example ? =)

bigdog
24-Nov-2010, 15:59
Is there someway to see it online ? Anyone record it and able to post it online, as a "private" youtube video and only post the link here for example ? =)

It is copyrighted material.

bigdog
31-Jan-2011, 16:07
This episode was re-broadcast this past weekend. I finally got to see it.

Sorry I didn't see the content earlier or I would have posted. :o

Joe Forks
31-Jan-2011, 16:27
I saw it, awesome!