PDA

View Full Version : "new camera" coming my way:"SKANDIA"

Emil Schildt
6-Oct-2010, 16:30
hi.

Good fortune has come my way (I think).
A guy in Norway has given(!!) me an interesting LF camera from about 1955, called SKANDIA.

It is made by NORKA (NORdic KAmera) in Denmark.

The Norka's were made during the 30'ties and foreward, and actually a lot were supposedly exported to the States..

they made all kinds of big cameras, and many of them were multible exposure cameras (for taking portraits of scool classes fx).

This one was one of their latest - all metal on a huge stand.
A mirror on the side of the camera(!!) made a kind of relfex camera (one could manually push the mirror in when looking, and remove it for taking..

This camera was half plate, and you can chose between two-four-ninr or twelve exposures on one film...

a multible purpose camera...

(they also made a Huge 12x16 camera for up to 48 exposures on one film...:eek: )

Big and heavy!

I havn't gotten it yet - it is in Norway, and we have to see hoe to transport it to Denmark...

But I have some images of it - text in Danish, but I can translate if you want me to)

As I was told that these cameras (or maybe mostly pre-war models were exported to the States, it confuses me a little (doesn't take much) that I have never seen one on auction - or heard of any oweing one...

inlighten me please....

Emil Schildt
6-Oct-2010, 16:34
images of the camera: