View Full Version : Photography at Amon Carter in Ft Worth

Bob McCarthy
6-Oct-2010, 07:41
Just checked the exhibits for the weekend

Ansel Adams is there through early Nov.

Masterworks of American Photography

And just started

American Modern - Abbott, Evans and Bourke White

Good times for photography exhibits in the DFW area.

bob

Gem Singer
6-Oct-2010, 08:10
The hot weather we've been experiencing in the DFW metroplex over the past few months has begun to cool off. Especially in the mornings.

Now's a great time to be outdoors with with a camera.

Plenty of time to be indoors in a warm museum when the temperatures begin to drop in the months to come.

Perhaps the DFW LF group should plan a breakfast get-together in Ft.Worth in Nov., or Dec.

Followed by a visit to the Amon Carter.

Anybody interested?

brian mcweeney
6-Oct-2010, 18:21
Sounds good to me!

Bob McCarthy
9-Oct-2010, 13:05
WOW

Absolutely fantastic. Must have had 200+ images, I was overwhelmed. About half way through, I was really overloaded and wii planning a new visit in a week or so.

5 stars

Bob

bigdog
10-Oct-2010, 16:29
Wife and I are going later this week.

bigdog
17-Oct-2010, 14:43
Saw all of this on Friday. The AA is still up until Nov 7. Some of the usual suspects, plus some lesser known images. so worth seeing.

Masterworks: A little of everything, including some 19th Century stuff. Small show, but recommended.

B-W, Evans and Abbott: Large show. Curated from the standpoint of documentary work, with the emphasis on the 1930s. Still, the prints were for the most part excellent. Many Bourke-White industrial shots - all superb. (I'm a fan) A good bit of Abbott's New York stuff and plenty of depression era social commentary by all three.

If you are in North Texas - go see this.

only4xi
20-Oct-2010, 23:20
HI DFW LF group. I am a newbie in this forum and recently move to Dallas.
Checking out the show and shooting in this gorgeous weather is a great idea.
I am in.
Cheers,
Anh-Thuy