PDA

View Full Version : Adjust levels technikardan

norly
5-Oct-2010, 10:25
Hi.
Anyone got a service manual for my linhof technikardan? I need to tension the vertical leveler on the front arm of my camera. I know I should leave it to a service shop, and I will. But I havent got the time to do it before the next 4-5 shootings. and now its getting way to loose. My nikkor 90mm is to heavy and the board slowly creeds downwards...

Please help if you know how to adjust it.

many thanks.

Bob Salomon
5-Oct-2010, 10:35
This occurs when movements are attemted while the lock is on. It is not a DIY repair on the vertical movements. It is a service center job. On the horizontal movements, shift, focus it can be a DIY job.

USA service is Marflex at 252 652 4401. If you are in the USA call and ask them.

norly
5-Oct-2010, 10:39
nope, im in europe. But it dosent solve my problem..

Bob Salomon
5-Oct-2010, 11:18
There are spring loaded parts in the rise mechanism that tend to jump out if you have not done this before and then you really have problems. Best is to contact the Linhof distributor for your country or contact Linhof in Munich for advise.

norly
5-Oct-2010, 11:25
Thanks for the warning. But it would be fun to know how to do it...

norly
26-Oct-2010, 08:02
Well, after some discussion with a camera repair man we have managed to fix it using a simple allan key and some glue.

On each side of the front arm there is a small allan key screw that control the resistance and looking strength. In the front side is the screw for the vertical level, and on the back one for the front shift. They are usually locked with looking fluid or similar. Since it apparently keeps unscrewing itself we removed it, added a small amount of rubber glue (works fine with regular looking oil as well) and put it back. Dont use superglue or you will have a lot of trouble if you ever want to remove it again). It works like a charm and saved me a lot of work and money. And no pro workshop was involved.

So if anyone has the same problem, you can try by just tensioning the allan screw.

Just so you know.

vpw
20-Feb-2020, 12:15
Hi,
I spent a lot of time last week trying to find an exploded view of a Technikardan. (TK) There doesn't seem to be one, I did some deep searches with Google and Bing along with DogPile; which is how I found this thread.

I was dumbfounded on how to adjust the rise/fall as mine is slippy and will creep with the SuperRolex attached, front standard needs adjusted too.

The allen screws do adjust the swing... BUT have NOthing to do with rise fall. Those parts are deeper in and very novel on how to get to them. I'll post some photos soon, I'm still making sure my understanding
of the drag is sound. I'm also cleaning all the old lube, and selecting a new lube.
I am amazed at how dirty it was in there despite a super clean looking camera.

I'm a commercial photographer that is really good a fixing mechanical things, (some electronics too).
I just don't have enough photo-work sometime, I think I should hang my shingle out as "Unauthorized Linhof Repair"

I'm also fabricating the full installation of a Fuji GFX 50r onto a Horseman L camera for studio use. I'm not putting it on the g.g., I have removed all of that and am installing an Arca QR plate on the swing/rise standard with the "film" plane of the GFX being pretty close to the center of the axis.

Best-