PDA

View Full Version : Visual Arts Alliance of Houston annual Show

Drew Bedo
29-Sep-2010, 07:32
Hello All,

One of my images has been selected to hang in a multi-media show in Houston. The announcement is posted below.

Cheers!

For immediate Release
Visual Arts Alliance
Twenty Eighth Annual Member’s Show
www.visualartsalliance.org

October 15—November 12, 2010
One allen Center
Houston Texas

The Visual Arts Alliance of Houston announces their “28th Annual Member’s Show”. Multi-media works by artists in the greater Houston Area will be on display at One Allen Center From October 15th through November 12th.

The public is invited to an opening reception at 8 PM on Oct 15th at One Allen Center, located at 500 Dallas St. in down town Houston.

Juror

Wayne Gilbert is a well-known Houstonian, artist and gallery Owner. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in painting from the University of Houston and is currently enrolled in the Rice University Master's Program. He was the founding member of the Rubber Group in 1996. In 2001, Wayne founded the "101 Space" Gallery in downtown Houston where he presented eclectic exhibitions until 2007. The then opened G Gallery, which showcases a wide range of current art disciplines. Wayne says, "As an artist, I am committed to exhibiting the best intentions of each artist to further his or her artistic spirit. I hope to challenge convention and lay at the doorstep an ever-expanding experience for our clientele". Wayne has been a curator for exhibitions in Peru, Cuba, Germany, Washington State and Texas to name a few. He has also been a guest speaker at Bard College; Annadale on the Hudson, New York; Rutgers University and Texas Tech University. Wayne's work has been shown locally, nationally and internationally. He is a self-proclaimed “ . . .ordinary artist in an extra-ordinary city full of great artists.”

One Allen Center
500 Dallas @ Smith
Houston, TX 77002

cdholden
29-Sep-2010, 07:51
Drew,
Congratulations on your recognition of work!

Chris