PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation to obtain small Sinar parts (levels etc.)

Dirk Rösler
28-Sep-2010, 06:27
Hi,

I have been badly let down by a forum seller so I need to put things back together, grrr. Sinar Switzerland want to refer me to my local service provider so I can check it in, but in Japan this is very expensive and out of the question.

Can anyone give advice as to where I can obtain some parts for Sinar F, P and P2?

The parts are:

- various spirit levels (some full replacements, including and excluding the "assembly", some are dried up and I heard they can be refurbished)

- on a Sinar P, the plastic lever that operates switch between swing and tilt operation has been lost (including what I believe is a small metal bolt to fix the plastic lever switch into place)

Especially on the second one, is this something I can attach myself or is a special tool required?

I have emailed Sinarbron in NJ and Bob Watkins at Precision Camera Works already, any other avenues?

Thank you for your help

Regards

Dirk

anotherJoe
28-Sep-2010, 09:12
I searched all over for replacement bubble levels. Finally, with some hesitation, I resorted to "Level bubbles for Sinar P2/P/X/F2/F1 cameras" on the large auction site - 3 cylindrical bubble levels for $50 from China -- a bit cheaper than the quote I got from Bron Imaging .

Coincidentally, after about a 3-week wait, they arrived yesterday. It looks like more 3-level sets are available.

They fit the "assemblies" on my Sinar Norma perfectly, and indicate the same reading as my existing levels (i.e., they seem reasonably accurate.)

I have no affiliation with that seller -- Not endorsing - just reporting my personal experience.

Joe

Dirk Rösler
28-Sep-2010, 16:37
Thanks - has it been established that the Sinars all share the same levels? I remember some mention about small differences between F, P etc.