PDA

View Full Version : Value of a 10'' veritar

Policar
25-Sep-2010, 12:19
I passed up a 10'' veritar (f6 in alphax shutter) in very good condition today for $250 (with camera included) at a yard sale. Dumb? Should I go back and pick it up?

lenser
25-Sep-2010, 12:35
Go get it if it's in good shape on the glass or even with minor cleaning marks. The shutter is an easy fix for someone like Carol at Flutot's if it needs work.

I've got this same lens and it's my favorite soft focus on 4x5 (covers 5x7) or with my bellows adapter on my Hasselblad 2000FCW as well. Very delicate softness that get sharper as you stop down. Never fully sharp even at the smallest stops, but still quite good and brilliant for portraits at the more open settings.

I sold a duplicate that had some fungus issues in its past which had the effect of removing some of the coating (had no optical effect) for around $400.00 this year.

If you want to research it quickly, go to cameraeccentric.com Seth has the original brochure posted in the information portion of his site.

Like I said go grab it!!!!!

Bill_1856
25-Sep-2010, 13:59
I passed up a 10'' veritar (f6 in alphax shutter) in very good condition today for $250 (with camera included) at a yard sale. Dumb? Should I go back and pick it up?

Only if you want to make fuzzy pictures. :)

Policar
25-Sep-2010, 14:46
Not right now I don't want to...but I'm sure soon enough I'll want to try soft focus and be kicking myself over the missed opportunity.

Oh well. I guess I will try to resist.

Jim Noel
25-Sep-2010, 18:32
Go get it and sell it to me. Don't let it end up getting thrown in a trash dump!