PDA

View Full Version : what can you tell me

Roob
21-Sep-2010, 18:16
I acquired some photo equipment from my dad, but have no idea what it fits or what its for. A lens? from The Voigtlaender and Son optical company. No. 8 heliar focus 19in. no.62208. Also not lens related an Anthony and Scovill co. camera stand/table, that goes up and down and on an angle and other stuff I haven't identified yet. Thanks for any input you can give me.

Jim Galli
21-Sep-2010, 18:55
Sounds like you have inherited an old studio camera used for portraiture through the 1940's at least. Too large to go in the field, these stayed indoors on rolling stands like you've described. There is somewhat of a current revival and that lens is valuable, especially if it's in good clean condition. The 480mm Heliar was usable up to 11X14 format. A couple of the portraits on this page were done with a 19" Heliar.

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com/JustusPortraits/Justus.html

Sorry, no 'flash' on my computer. What a hunk of junk.

Roob
21-Sep-2010, 19:15
No camera anymore that I know of. He was photographer from 1931 ?- 1965 the lens I described he said made it all possible for the times. he kept it out to look at till his mid 90s I never knew if it was a lens or ? for an enlarger. Thanks for the info