PDA

View Full Version : Jobo Autolab ATL 3 for free - what to do?

mortensen
21-Sep-2010, 13:39
Hi

I've been offered a Jobo ATL 3 for free. It hasn't been running for a few years, but the owner says, that everything worked perfectly last time he used it. I just need to pick it up (in the other end of my tiny country) and it's mine.

Well, that's a flattering proposal, really!
But how would an inexperienced guy like me make that monster work, how should I service it, what kind of maintenance does it need and how do I check whether it works properly.

Sorry for all the questions, but if any of you have experience with that kind of machine, I would appreciate any advice you might have... thanks :)
/lars

BarryS
21-Sep-2010, 13:58
You can think about all those things when you're on the way home with the ATL 3 strapped to your car. If you have a partner, tell them you're going out for some coffee. :)

mortensen
21-Sep-2010, 14:03
haha, Barry... I haven't got a car. but that part of the project is of course managable.

BarryS
21-Sep-2010, 14:19
Lars--you can also check for info over on APUG. I know some members are running ATL processors.

Robert Hall
21-Sep-2010, 14:39
Lars, If you want some perfect and consistent film, I would run to get this machine.

You will need tempered water, power, and a drain to use the machine. Once you get it, get a service or owners manual if one doesn't come with it.

You will find they need little maintenance, but repairs may be difficult because of lack of parts.

Once you get it, start asking questions. There are a lot of us that can help.

mortensen
21-Sep-2010, 14:52
Thanks, Barry and Robert. There is an owners manual with it.

Problem is, I haven't got room for the thing in my apartment... currently thinking about how to work that thing out.

Robert Hall
21-Sep-2010, 15:02
What? You don't need a bed! Get going! ;)

Renato Tonelli
21-Sep-2010, 20:28
What? You don't need a bed! Get going! ;)

This is what I consider 'getting your priorities straight.'

Gene Crumly
27-Sep-2010, 16:05
I have an ATL3 you may contact me genecrumly@earthlink.net.
I have used it for many years and have fixed it many times along the way.

mortensen
28-Sep-2010, 00:10
Thanks, Gene
- haven't been able to pick it up yet, unfortunately.
But hopefully I will.
/lars