PDA

View Full Version : Wall Mount for Drying Screens

Michael Wainfeld
18-Sep-2010, 17:33
I put together a wall mounted bracket to hold the drying screens. Didn't have space for a dedicated cabinet; the screens are stored out of the way when not in use. Holds 4 screens.

aduncanson
18-Sep-2010, 17:41
I have that problem too. Nice solution - Thanks

- Alan

Roger Thoms
18-Sep-2010, 17:52
Micheal, Looks like a good solution. Am I correct in believing that the two items on the sides that look like copper water pipes have nothing to do with the drying screen wall mount?

Roger

Michael Wainfeld
18-Sep-2010, 17:58
Yup-Water pipes-just the right distance apart!

Michael Wainfeld
18-Sep-2010, 18:03
Another photo

Roger Thoms
18-Sep-2010, 18:20
Micheal, thanks for the clarification. I have been threatening to build cabinet for the drying screen in the my friends darkroom (which I use). I may go this route for a fraction of the time and materials necessary to build a cabinet. Thanks for posting this.

Roger

John Cahill
18-Sep-2010, 19:22
Yup-Water pipes-just the right distance apart!

Were it I, I would place suitable automotive hose clamps at just the correct intervals on the pipes, with the tightening screw facing inward, so as to support the sides of the frame away from the wall. I would be afraid of stressing the joints on the screens with such a minimalist cantilever approach.

Bruce Barlow
19-Sep-2010, 04:21
Elegant solution. I built an open cabinet years before building my present darkroom. On it now sits my "other" enlarger, or I'd steal your idea instantly.

Well done!