PDA

View Full Version : Schneider-Kreuznach Compnon–S 5.6/150mm

tenderobject
16-Sep-2010, 19:48
anyone have any info about this lens? i'm trying to search this but no luck. looks like a macro lens or enlarging lens.

thanks!

Darin Boville
16-Sep-2010, 20:10
Looks like a typo--google "Componon-S"

It is a high quality enlarging lens.

--Darin

Dr Klaus Schmitt
16-Sep-2010, 23:45
There you go: http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/archiv/pdf/cpn_s.pdf

tenderobject
17-Sep-2010, 01:38
thanks guys, i saw one forsale with shutter. so i thought first it was a macro lens..

Dan Fromm
17-Sep-2010, 01:59
It can be used for closeup work, Schneider sold them in shutter for that purpose. Per Schneider's documentation -- root around on the site Klaus directed you to -- Componons are optimized for 10x enlargment. This is equivalent to taking at 1:10.

If you want a Schneider enlarging lens to use for close-up work a Comparon (optimized for 2x - 6x) is probably a better choice. And some Comparons have another advantage: the 75 fits a #00, 105 and 150 fit #0. With these lenses, reversing the lens for working at magnifications above 1:1 requires only swapping the cells from front to rear and vice versa.

The 150 Componon fits a #1 shutter, which doesn't have the same threading front and rear, so using it above 1:1 is more difficult.

tenderobject
17-Sep-2010, 07:08
It can be used for closeup work, Schneider sold them in shutter for that purpose. Per Schneider's documentation -- root around on the site Klaus directed you to -- Componons are optimized for 10x enlargment. This is equivalent to taking at 1:10.

If you want a Schneider enlarging lens to use for close-up work a Comparon (optimized for 2x - 6x) is probably a better choice. And some Comparons have another advantage: the 75 fits a #00, 105 and 150 fit #0. With these lenses, reversing the lens for working at magnifications above 1:1 requires only swapping the cells from front to rear and vice versa.

The 150 Componon fits a #1 shutter, which doesn't have the same threading front and rear, so using it above 1:1 is more difficult.

thank you for more info dan!

thanks a lot guys!