PDA

View Full Version : A $30 Craigslist EHT Anthony

bspeed
15-Sep-2010, 16:19
Could not resist the force! Not for $30 anyway.

I think it stands a good chance of eventually taking photographs.

Biggest obstacle will be a film holder, as it is missing.
The raw opening in the rear is 10x10

I belive this is a Climax Imperial.

It has a Conley Shutter, that will operate by hand. Not to worried about making it work.

I would certainly love to hear more about it and any advice, comments, even jeers are solicited!

I will post just a few pics for Bandwitdhs sake, and if you are inclined you are invited to click on the smugmug link for the rest of the pics.

Also, Can someone post a picture of thiers, showing the (bed) bottom cross member ?
Mine is missing it ? and this camera has several Holes drilled, and I dont know if that was from the factory or not. As nothing is attached to them.

thanks VERY much!

Smugmug pics link:
http://bryanspeed.smugmug.com/Old-Cameras/View-Cameras/AnthonyViewCamera/13786529_CyCtw#1009367909_NHsHT

two pics of the camera
http://bryanspeed.smugmug.com/Old-Cameras/View-Cameras/AnthonyViewCamera/GBS9759/1009366839_RQfJX-L.jpg
http://bryanspeed.smugmug.com/Old-Cameras/View-Cameras/AnthonyViewCamera/GBS9765/1009367909_NHsHT-M.jpg

bspeed
15-Sep-2010, 16:21
Some pieces of Wood are stamped '99'.

Richard K.
15-Sep-2010, 21:52
Some pieces of Wood are stamped '99'.

Not bad for an 11 year-old camera!! :)

venchka
16-Sep-2010, 05:06
A craigslist cutie. Get it working! Enjoy!

venchka
16-Sep-2010, 05:53
Wt_?

Tim Deming
16-Sep-2010, 11:42
I have this same camera, although mine was in worse shape when I got it, but it was also cheaper ($20)!

For using with film, I managed to find a cheap square wood picture frame (!) that fit exactly into the plate holder space. With a few modified bits of hardware, I was able to adapt the back of the picture frame so that a film back (mine are from a Kodak 2D, 8x10) can be attached using the same pins that hold it onto the back of the 2D. This allows me to use different 2D backs (e.g. 4x5, 5x7) on this camera, which is great for big lenses. I will take a photo of the back set-up if you are interested.

cheers

Tim

jp
16-Sep-2010, 11:59
I've got a camera that is fairly similar for the rear standard. I bet you can adapt another 8x10 back to fit it real easy. I compared my camera's 8x10 back with a b&j 8x10 back and the b&j would have fit pin for pin if I milled 1/8" of wood off the back in the right place.

bspeed
16-Sep-2010, 14:35
very interesting replies, thanks. I would love to see pics of your Cameras and the backs you made for them.
I have inquired to Star Cameras for a wetplate back setup. Not inexpensive, their but skills and time do need proper rewarding!

Admission, I am nowhere near ready for 8x10, both in experience and cost. I barely got off the ground in 4x5. These things kind of "fall in your lap"...and most roads then lead off a steep cliff!

Drew Bedo
17-Sep-2010, 08:23
Keep posting as the project moves forward!

goamules
17-Sep-2010, 12:05
That's the price you want for these great cameras. Yeah, Ray's backs work well on these for wetplate, especially since you are missing a back anyway. He'll make inserts so you can shoot down to about half plate, for practicing.

Sirius Glass
17-Sep-2010, 12:22
bspeed,

The force of GAS in you, strong it is!

Steve

venchka
19-Sep-2010, 12:37
Stand by for Bryan's new toy.

bspeed
19-Sep-2010, 13:27
GAS is an OCD based behaviour. In a fit of "I suck as a photographer-dark depression-misery on me" had given it all up. Sold off my Toyo..lenses...

but I guess I am over that now. :) Shen Hao on its way. have 2 lenses to work with.
I will still be a lousy photographer though.

Star Cameras guy makes a wet plate back for this camera. Got to be thinking about that.

bspeed
19-Sep-2010, 13:36
Let me say, that sometimes motivation, and the desire to do better comes in many forms.

For one, recently my Son was Married. For a lens and Camera, I had a D300 and a old 28-105 Nikon lens. As a result, I got very few good pics. In fact my pics from an Old Mamiya 645 were better...well kind of.

Coupled with the thought of having some form of photo "art" to work with..

I have a bedroom-hobby room at home, that I occupy with PC, photo and a few other non related hobbies. (Plastic models, Hunting, Fishing). It was a Pig sty. just teeming with boxes of crap, stuff everywhere. Walls dingy. cheap shelves around the whole room. Embarrasing. off limits to visitors..

Now...there is an echo in here. All manner of clean up, and we are trying to decide on a good color to repaint. A place to hang some photos and invite visitors!

venchka
20-Sep-2010, 04:36
I look forward to visiting your Gallery!

Tin Can
7-May-2023, 15:34
Long time, no see

Your old images are gone

bspeed
8-May-2023, 19:10
Long time, no see

Your old images are gone

I got mad at my life one day.. deleted practically everything