PDA

View Full Version : Lens and shutter donīt fit. newbie question

boergars
14-Sep-2010, 00:51
Hello everybody

Iīm pretty new to LF but putting my equipment together step by step.
I have now got a Schneider G-Claron from an old repro camera and a Copal-Polaroid shutter marked 127 mm. Both should, after what i can read on the internet, have a 40/0,75 front lens thread, but in reality there is about a millimeter clearance between the lens and the shutter. The back lens fits like a glove. What info have i missed?

Please help

/Per

Jim Galli
14-Sep-2010, 10:44
Hello everybody

Iīm pretty new to LF but putting my equipment together step by step.
I have now got a Schneider G-Claron from an old repro camera and a Copal-Polaroid shutter marked 127 mm. Both should, after what i can read on the internet, have a 40/0,75 front lens thread, but in reality there is about a millimeter clearance between the lens and the shutter. The back lens fits like a glove. What info have i missed?

Please help

/Per

I have installed lots of those G-Claron's on the 127 shutters. Never had one that wouldn't spin right in and seat. You'll also need to work up a new aperture scale.

boergars
14-Sep-2010, 11:23
I messured the threads when i came home, and the lenses thread seems to be like 39 mm instead. Is there some special version for Repro?

Jim Galli
14-Sep-2010, 11:34
Now I gotta ask a dumb question. You did thread the front group out of the barrel right. You're not trying to thread the back of the barrel into the front of the shutter? Pictures might help.

boergars
14-Sep-2010, 12:19
Not at all a dumb question!
Iīm stupider than that;-).
How do you thread the front group out of the barrel?

Jim Galli
14-Sep-2010, 13:59
Make a couple of 'grips' with old inner tube, grab that little sucker and twist. CCW When it comes out you'll discover it has the correct thread for the shutter.

boergars
14-Sep-2010, 22:56
Yes!
Case closed!

Thanks Jim

/Per