PDA

View Full Version : New run of Aristo D2-HI bulbs with V54 phosphor

Steve Goldstein
13-Sep-2010, 08:40
I just spoke with Louise Kessler at the former Voltarc (manufacturer of Aristo cold light products). They are going to do a run of D2-HI bulbs with the V54 phosphor, this is the one that fits the Beseler and Omega 4x5 enlargers. The high-output bulb is the least common denominator in that it'll work with both high-output and standard (with very slightly reduced life, a few percent) ballasts. There's more info and discussion in a thread over on APUG, of which the below link is the most relevant page thereof:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/67767-aristo-new-info-5.html

Louise is compiling the shipping and ordering info right now. Act soon if you want to get on this ship. She says the best way is by sending an email to:

louise.kessler@voltarc.com

She's compiling a list of other requests and will see what can be done, for now it's limited to this one model.

Moderators, I'm not 100% sure the Announcements section is the appropriate location for this, I'm sure you'll use your wisdom if I've erred.

Eric Woodbury
13-Sep-2010, 10:04
Thanks for the news. I'll get in the queue for a 12x12 tube. I hope they decide to make those.