PDA

View Full Version : Speed Graphic drop bed???

Tony Lakin
12-Sep-2010, 01:38
Hi
I recently acquired a Pacemaker Speed Graphic:) , I am unable to get the track bed to drop when I depress the struts:confused: , am I missing something, can anyone help please.

Thank you

dsphotog
12-Sep-2010, 02:00
It takes some practice, at the same time, press down on the grippy part of both struts & the bed , oh yeah, the lens standard has to be clear of the link section.

Tony Lakin
12-Sep-2010, 04:28
Thanks dsphotog, I have had another look at the SG and in one of the strut tracks found a piece of wire blocking the movement, it may have been placed there by a previous owner deliberately, who knows? anyway a quick flick with a screwdriver and problem solved.

Thanks again:)

Kirk Fry
12-Sep-2010, 22:17
Mine would not drop because of a very small screw in the track. Took me a while to figure it out.

dsphotog
13-Sep-2010, 00:30
Great, Tony.
Now get out and shoot a portrait/action shot of Mark Cavendish sprinting!

David Silva
Modesto Ca

Tony Lakin
13-Sep-2010, 01:08
Great, Tony.
Now get out and shoot a portrait/action shot of Mark Cavendish sprinting!

David Silva
Modesto Ca

Hi David
I was thinking more of a vintage car rally so I could simulate this

Thanks again

Regards
Tony

dsphotog
13-Sep-2010, 02:03
Very cool! or perhaps the famous TT race?

Tony Lakin
13-Sep-2010, 03:22
Very cool! or perhaps the famous TT race?

Hi David
I have taken hundreds of thousands of photos of the TT races over the last 40+ years, mostly on 35mm occasionally on 6x6 or 6x7 and on one occasion of the late great Moke Hailwood with my 5x4 Linhof Tech III with 240 tele Xenar lens (this was specifically for a large poster) however not a suitable subject for the SG as I only have a 135mm Tessar which would not allow me to get close enough, anyway it's nice to know that you are so well informed about our little Island, below is a link to my website of Isle Of Man photographs.

http://www.isleofmanphotolibrary.com

Regards
Tony