PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!! Fitting 6 x 9 Rollex back to Linhof

OwenT
10-Sep-2010, 18:41
I have a Linhof Master Technika 4 x 5 Camera. I have acquired a Rollex 6 x 9 film back and have a question regarding the fitting of this new 'back'.

Changing from the viewing screen to the rollex seen to be a 2 person job. Is there an easier way of changing the back from the viewing screen to the rollex?

Wayne Crider
10-Sep-2010, 19:31
From what I understand there were special Linhof roll film backs that fit under the GG and then International backs that allowed the use of the Super Rollex holders. Here's a pic of the International back. http://photo.net/large-format-photography-forum/00LtNi

Is this the back on the camera?

Sevo
11-Sep-2010, 02:33
What Rollex? These were made in a wide variety of German whatever-fold, International/Graflex and Linhof rotating attachments of every size and generation...

If you mean the rotating matte back replacing unlock-twist-push-and-sing-magic-incantations affair, no, I've always found them very hard to attach and unattach as well. But they weren't really supposed to be changed in the field - this type was made for rangefinder Technikas, where it saves the weight of half the matte back, as it directly attaches to the camera frame. In field camera configurations you were supposed to use the International variety (or whatever fold the matte back had).

Bob Salomon
11-Sep-2010, 03:01
Owen,

Did you buy the 69 Super Rollex for a Linhof 23 camera that you want to use on a Master Technika? If so you need to take the insert out and buy a new housing for a 45 Super Rollex. Then your insert would fit it. You can easily ID a Super/Cine Rollex for the 23 cameras as they all have a large diameter round ring that is used to attach them to the 23 camera.

Did you buy a Rapid Rollex for a 69 camera and want to use it on a 45 camera. If so it can't be converted.