PDA

View Full Version : Check out my shopping cart system

Ed Richards
6-Sep-2010, 11:33
I have set up a PayPal shopping cart system for selling prints online. I have it running on one of my galleries:

http://www.epr-art.com/galleries/a1-favorites/

Give it a try and see if it works for you, and let me know what you think. You can remove any purchases from the PayPal cart, so it will not cost you anything to try it.:-)

David Aimone
6-Sep-2010, 12:15
worked like a charm...

nice work by the way!

DanK
6-Sep-2010, 12:20
I like it...

Simple and professional...works fine...

Thanks,
Dan

David Karp
6-Sep-2010, 12:58
Ed,

It works great on Firefox, and Google Chrome on my PC running Windows XP.

Love your photographs.

Ed Richards
6-Sep-2010, 13:35
Thanks Folks! I wanted to make sure it worked from foreign computers before I rolled it out across the site.

Richard M. Coda
6-Sep-2010, 20:22
Worked great! How did you handle the shipping within Paypal? I haven't figured that one out yet.

Ed Richards
7-Sep-2010, 04:54
Richard,

At this point, assuming I sell some prints, my plan is to just use the USPS program for printing Priority Mail shipping labels. I hope that at some point I am selling enough prints to justify figuring out the PayPal system for printing labels and doing postage.:-)

Ginette
7-Sep-2010, 16:58
Shipping options for Canada are there (ex. Canada - Quebec) but the cart didn't add any shipping amount even if you update cart.

Shipping & Handling to Canada :$0.00

PS: Nice photos

Ed Richards
8-Sep-2010, 08:52
Thanks Ginette!

I will have to work on that.

Ed

Richard M. Coda
8-Sep-2010, 09:18
Richard,

At this point, assuming I sell some prints, my plan is to just use the USPS program for printing Priority Mail shipping labels. I hope that at some point I am selling enough prints to justify figuring out the PayPal system for printing labels and doing postage.:-)

Thanks. I meant, though, how do you get it to not add a postage charge for EACH print (in a multi-print order)?

Ed Richards
8-Sep-2010, 11:16
Ginette - checked with PayPal: I have my system set up to refuse payments from outside the US PayPal accounts and in currencies other than dollars. You would not see that unless you tried to pay.

Richard - go to your profile, go to merchant services, go to shipping calculator, and set up a shipping method. That allows you to set up different ways to handle multiple item payments.

Richard M. Coda
12-Sep-2010, 10:56
Thanks Ed!

Ed Richards
13-Sep-2010, 09:21
I have now rolled it out across the galleries:

http://www.epr-art.com/galleryindex.php