PDA

View Full Version : Flexible filter holder with clips

norly
5-Sep-2010, 02:51
Hi.
Im looking for a nice way to use all my different filter with my 4x5". What I want is a flexible "pipe" that I can connect on the camera or tripod with a small pinch thingy at the end. The plan is that I can then pinch a filter or whatever I want in front of the lens and not need to bring a regular holder and all the adaptor rings...

I know some guys here will say, just use the lee filter holder but I dont want to. The flex arm seams like the best solution, thou quite difficult to find a good one.

It must be some kind of product I can buy for holding really small screens or lamps or something (been looking at the manfrotto arms but they are a tad to bulky). Does anyone do it this way?

Any suggestions is welcome.

erie patsellis
5-Sep-2010, 06:15
With some improvising and work on your part, you can use LocLine for a variety of things. Google should find you plenty of suppliers. It comes in 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" and several larger sizes as well.

Peter Gomena
5-Sep-2010, 08:58
A piece of armature wire with an alligator clip glued to one end and a small A-clamp on the other would do the job. Armature wire is available in different thicknesses at art supply stores.

Peter Gomena

norly
9-Sep-2010, 04:36
Ahh, good plan. Ill have a look in my local shop. Otherwise I found the following products that might work together. Just in case anyone else might want to know.

Flex Arm for Super Clamp - manfrotto 237
Mini Spring Clamp - manfrotto 275
Adapter Spigot 3/8'+1/4' - manfrotto 147

And then screw it in to my extra spigg holder in the tripod head...

vinny
9-Sep-2010, 07:01
The flex and is way too heavy for your camera, and expensive. I had a gadget on my site for a while but only sold two of them. It was made with loc line stuff. Look up flarebuster. They have something similar.

bobwysiwyg
9-Sep-2010, 07:04
Sounds like you might be looking to something like this. I picked it up some time ago, no markings on it so I can't help there. It clips to the front standard and the other end grasps the filter.

norly
9-Sep-2010, 07:07
Well its not going to sit on the camera, its on the tripod head. Anyway, flarebuster looks perfect. Ill se if I can get one in Europe. Cheers and thanks

bobwysiwyg
9-Sep-2010, 07:27
Sorry, I thought your OP said camera or tripod.

norly
9-Sep-2010, 08:02
B&H got some flare busters, so Ill order from there... Thanks again for the tip. It saved the day.

vinny
9-Sep-2010, 13:26
Sounds like you might be looking to something like this. I picked it up some time ago, no markings on it so I can't help there. It clips to the front standard and the other end grasps the filter.

For what it's worth that's a manfrotto "multiclip" or at least it looks very similar to mine, also from b&h.

bobwysiwyg
9-Sep-2010, 14:56
Vinny, thanks, often wondered as to the maker.