PDA

View Full Version : "taptalk" compatibility?

l2oBiN
2-Sep-2010, 15:57
It would be great if thus forum was compatible with the iPhone "taptalk" application. Is there any plans to enable this?

Ralph Barker
2-Sep-2010, 22:05
We generally don't make custom modifications to the core vBulletin code, so as not to conflict with upgrades from the software distributor.

Roger Cole
14-Oct-2010, 14:16
I believe it's "Tapatalk" which explains why I didn't find this thread when I did a search on it. I was about to post a request for Tapatalk support myself.

I understand not wanting to mod vBulletin, but I do use Tapatalk extensively for reading another board I participate in (the Purple Board for Pilots) and really like the functionality on my iPhone. Just my $0.02. :)

David Aimone
15-Dec-2010, 08:14
APUG also is tapatalk compatible. Might be useful for those of us with portable devices.

Jeff Bannow
17-Dec-2010, 12:01
I would also love to have Tapatalk compatibility.

ajmiller
27-Jan-2011, 14:09
Same here. Just thought I'd mention it....

Roger Cole
27-Jan-2011, 14:42
I just signed up for the Film and Darkoom User Forum specifically because I was looking for a photography forum (traditional, not digital) I could read using Tapatalk and it was all I found. I'm not going to stop posting here, don't get me wrong, but I do use Tapatalk a lot when I find myself waiting somewhere and have my phone with me.

Roger Cole
APUG also is tapatalk compatible. Might be useful for those of us with portable devices.

Just saw this - really? It doesn't even look like it uses vBulletin, which I thought was required. I'll definitely check that out, thanks!

EDIT - Just logged in there with my iPhone. Cool!

Jeff Bannow
I just signed up for the Film and Darkoom User Forum specifically because I was looking for a photography forum (traditional, not digital) I could read using Tapatalk and it was all I found. I'm not going to stop posting here, don't get me wrong, but I do use Tapatalk a lot when I find myself waiting somewhere and have my phone with me.

APUG.org is THE traditional film forum, and is available on Tapatalk.

Roger Cole
27-Jan-2011, 14:45
APUG.org is THE traditional film forum, and is available on Tapatalk.

See above - we were posting at the same time, apparently.

I didn't find it because it didn't LOOK like a vBulletin site, and I searched things like "darkroom" and "large format." I didn't search "analog photography." I've got it logged in now, thanks.

Nathan Potter
27-Jan-2011, 17:26
HF! (Holy Fecundity). If I had enough time to waste on an iPhone and Tapatalk I'd be out doing photography instead and the iPhone would be in the Grapevine pond.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Roger Cole
27-Jan-2011, 18:20
HF! (Holy Fecundity). If I had enough time to waste on an iPhone and Tapatalk I'd be out doing photography instead and the iPhone would be in the Grapevine pond.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

It just depends on ones circumstances, Nate. I often find myself somewhere I'm stuck for a while, but while I always have my iPhone I don't carry a camera (other than the one in the iPhone) around ALL the time, especially not my 4x5.

engl
29-Jan-2011, 19:07

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

I'm spending an hour each day on a bus, not the best venue for large format photography. It would be nice to have Tapatalk support for these forums (although I use an Android phone, not iPhone).

Nathan Potter
29-Jan-2011, 21:20
Ever hear of a good book folks!

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Revolucion Artistico
29-Jan-2011, 23:39
Ever hear of a good book folks!

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Sure have I have a ton of them on my android phone:D

pixelatedscraps
17-Apr-2011, 07:20
Another vote for Tapatalk. I use it with RFF and APUG, and while both great forums, LFP would be another must-have addition.

Browsing forums without Tapatalk is just painful now!

Valdecus
19-Apr-2011, 02:46
+1 for Tapatalk

Cheers,
Andrew

Jehu
19-Apr-2011, 07:29
Ditto.

roteague
26-Apr-2011, 15:39
It just depends on ones circumstances, Nate. I often find myself somewhere I'm stuck for a while, but while I always have my iPhone I don't carry a camera (other than the one in the iPhone) around ALL the time, especially not my 4x5.

Fortunately, it also works on mobile phones other than the iPhone. I just installed it on my Windows Phone 7, and it's on the Andriod as well.

Jehu
27-Apr-2011, 09:06
I'm a member on several forums. This one is my favorite and it's the only one that doesn't support Tapatalk. I don't have a computer at home so I use my Droid for checking in on the forums in the evenings. I would really like to see it happen here.

BTW... YES! I would much prefer shooting than checking in on a forum. That doesn't mean that I don't want to have something to do while I'm waiting in line at the bank. Checking in here is a nice way to pass the time.

pixelatedscraps
13-Mar-2012, 11:39
And now we have Tapatalk support!

Just signed back in after a long hiatus away from the Internet and it seems RFF and LFF have swapped places in the Tapatalk support.