PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS2 corrupted

zmelonas
1-Sep-2010, 09:42
My Photoshop CS2 is corrupted and will not start. When I click on it, it will begin to open up, then a box pops up and says "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error, sorry but this is unrecoverable".
I was just going to uninstall Photoshop. then re-install it, but I wanted to save a piece of artwork first, so I plugged in a zip drive, and was going to move the PSD file, but another screen came up and said "Cannot copy (Title of document): file or directory is corrupted".
It is only Photoshop itself and this one file that is corrupted, and I just want to recover this one file, if that is at all possible.

Peter Mounier
1-Sep-2010, 09:57
You might try trashing the preference file before you reinstall. The preference file will recreate itself when PS starts up again. It should look like this...

com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

If you're on a mac, it will be in User > Library > Preferences

If you can't even move the file, the file itself could be corrupted, and nothing you do with PS will help.

Peter

Preston
2-Sep-2010, 21:39
Did the issue with PS just start happening? Have you made any changes to the system, such as new drivers and/or OS updates? If so, you could try a system restore, assuming you're on a PC (I don't know what the equivalent is on a MAC).

Note that a sytem restore will not affect a corrupted file. If the file is coorupted, you'll be out of luck, I think.

Also, If you need reinstall PS, deactivate it first, if you can, so that you don't lose an activation credit. You may be able find some help from the Adobe forums, or Adobe support.

--P