PDA

View Full Version : Devere 5108 8 x 10 enlarger.

wager123
31-Aug-2010, 18:37
hi all
i need to know how to disassemble a devere 5108 8 x 10 in order to get it home (1325 miles ) what is the smallest size it can be disassembled too. any magor problems tips tricks ect to doing this , problem 's with reassembly.
thanks
mitch

Peter De Smidt
31-Aug-2010, 19:40
Manuals are probably still available. KHB in Toronto or Odyssey Sales in England should have them.

ic-racer
1-Sep-2010, 08:47
Just a guess but I'll bet the camera is going to have to stay on the column. So, taking the color head and baseboard off may be all that can practically be done.

Jeff Bannow
1-Sep-2010, 09:32
KHB has the manuals, with disassembly instructions. You can purchase it through eBay if you need.

I assume this is a floor standing model. The unit will disconnect in the center - there is a plate covering the bits. I believe allen wrenches are needed to access it. The head will come off the top as well. You can also remove the baseboard - the focusing handles will still stick out though.

I think that's as small as it gets. Each half will be around 4'. You'll need a van or SUV to get it home for sure.

Fred L
1-Sep-2010, 14:59
If it's the floor model, it'll come apart at the base of the top column. You will need to make sure the neg stage is secured properly or else it could rocket up and I wouldn't want any body part near it if that happens. I used heavy webbing straps with cam buckles. The head comes off easily as will the baseboard. The feet were easy as well. I would use a digi happy snap to record each step so you can refer to it during re-assembly but the manual is a big help for sure. If you have any other questions, I can refer to my manual.

I should add mine had the autofocus control so the control knobs were at the back. Shouldn't be a major problem I'd think if the controls are at the front under the baseboard.