PDA

View Full Version : No Epson rebate if you buy through Atlex?

Jay Thirsty
30-Aug-2010, 17:44
Hi all,

So I was just about to pull the trigger on an Epson 3880 from Atlex, when I decided to take a last stroll through the fine print. Atlex isn't on Epson's list of Authorized Resellers. There is a company called IT Supplies at their exact address. But when I go to the IT Supplies web page, the printer is $30 more and they don't appear to offer the free ground shipping. Knowing how sleazy some of the rebate processing companies are about finding excuses to refuse the rebate, I have to assume I will get turned down. Have any of you had an Epson rebate refused after buying from Atlex, or did it go right through?

I might go with B&H or Adorama instead, but I've been stung once already by their holiday schedule interfering with timely processing.

Thanks in advance,
Jay

Jay Thirsty
30-Aug-2010, 19:22
On second thought, never mind. I decided I wasn't going to play games with them and just ordered it from B&H instead. It will probably take a couple of extra days to get here, but whatever.

Larry Gebhardt
31-Aug-2010, 12:20
I bought my 3880 from Atlex and Epson paid the rebate. This was the $100 rebate back in the spring.

BarryS
31-Aug-2010, 13:45
ATLEX/IT Supplies is legit and reliable. I bought my 3800 from them and the service was great.

Peter De Smidt
1-Sep-2010, 07:17
I bought my 4880 from Atlex/IT. Their service was excellent, and the rebates came through no problem.

mrladewig
1-Sep-2010, 08:07
IT Supplies bought ATLEX a couple years ago. I bought my 3800 from ATLEX, along with my paper and other supplies. They've been an excellent vendor. I was also successful with my Epson rebate at the time.

Mel-

Tom Monego
1-Sep-2010, 11:19
I buy film and other photo supplies through B&H. I buy my large format IJ printing supplies from Atlex or IT Supplies, been using IT Supplies for 8 years or so. Always good service, IT Supplies generally ship free on orders over $75, Atlex never shipped free when i contacted them.

Tom

Trixie Lu
11-Sep-2010, 04:31
I agree, Atlex.com has ridiculously fast shipping times and they are an approved reseller for Canon, Epson and HP products. My rebates have always been successful as well :)