PDA

View Full Version : Rodenstock Trinar Anastigmat

JOSEPH ANDERSON
29-Aug-2010, 15:44
HI ,ALL I'VE HAD THIS LENS FOR 40 YEARS ON AN OLD B&J PRESS CAMERA THAT I NEVER
USED. I TRIED THE SEARCH HERE BUT NOTHING ON THIS LENS. IT'S IN A SHUTTER MARKED F DECKER-MUNCHEN IT'S A COMPUR. f STOPS ARE 4.5,6.3, 9 12.5, 18, 25 AND
36.I HAVE SEEN THESE SHUTTERS, BUT NEVER THIS GLASS. DO ANY OF YOU GLASS GUYS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS LENS? THANKS FOR ANY INFO YOU MAY SHEAR.

JOE A

cdholden
29-Aug-2010, 15:57
I had one of these 10.5cm f4.5 lenses on an old pre-war Bessa 6x9 folder. While I prefer the later Skopars and Heliars, this was a still a nice, sharp lens. A previous owner had mounted the Trinar after damaging the original lens and shutter.
I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a Trinar lens, but I wouldn't get rid of the camera because of it either. I later traded it and some money for a Bessa II.
Shoot it and enjoy!

Jim Noel
29-Aug-2010, 16:18
It is a three element lens mounted in a Deckel Compur shutter, The shutter was manufactured in the city of Deckel Germany prior to WWII.

Dan Fromm
29-Aug-2010, 17:10
Um, Jim, Deckel is a surname, not a place name.

Friedrich Deckel was founder and owner of Friedrich Deckel AG, which made Compound and Compur shutters. See http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Deckel, use Google Translate if you don't read German.

Compound and Compur shutters were made for some time after WW II.

JOSEPH ANDERSON
29-Aug-2010, 19:24
Yes Dan It Is F.deckel. Btw The Fl Is I3.5 Cm Or 135mm.and Jim It Is 3 Element.
The Shutter Though Has A Regular Pc Connection, Not A Bi Post.
This Lens Has Been Sitting In A Closed Camera For About 40 Years. Yet The Speeds Seem Very Close. I'll Give It A Try And See What The Negs Look Like.
Thanks Guys Joe A

Glenn Thoreson
30-Aug-2010, 18:04
I have one of those lenses. I never used it myself, but loaned it to Craig Nelson of the Nelsonfoto forum. The shots he took with it kind of took me aback. Stopped down, these old triplets can be really amazing. Oops, now the value will go up........ shhhhh..... don't say nothin'. :D