PDA

View Full Version : Slightly crooked back on Linhof Technika V

cmmatthews
16-Aug-2010, 20:37
I have a Linhof Tech V that is in pretty amazing condition with one exception: the rotating back is slightly crooked. It is probably off about 1mm. In practice this might not make much difference, but it seems like this is a solvable problem. I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this before and managed to fix it?

The best I can tell is that one of the two ball bearings that camera rotates on is slightly off center, however I can't see an easy way to re-center it. I have tried to move the mount slightly with needle nose pliers however it won't easily budge and I don't want to force it. Am I missing anything here?

Does marflex sell the rotating back seperately? I only need the inner frame that rotates.

Frank Petronio
16-Aug-2010, 20:44
Bob S will just tell you to talk to Martin at Marflex. And that's the right way to go. They are very honest and straight-forward, and while the parts are not cheap, it's probably worth it to fix properly.

The next question that will come up is are you sure that is the only thing that is wacky? Because it must have taken some kind of hit or had a ham-fisted repair attempt, etc. and perhaps other parts are out of alignment?

While the parts aren't cheap, he wasn't too expensive for checking things out and he presented me with a considered estimate along with pros and cons, so I chose what I wanted fixed/done from a list.

All very professional and top-notch, best service in the business.

cmmatthews
16-Aug-2010, 20:53
Yeah, the rest of the camera is pretty nice. It has new bellows, everything seems straight and locks down tight, rangefinder is nice, GG is clean and nice. I just recovered it in black so it resembles a Master now.

If I look at the ball bearings I can see that the top one is not centered in it's mount like the bottom, so I'm pretty sure that is where the issue lies.

Bob Salomon
17-Aug-2010, 15:23
Yeah, the rest of the camera is pretty nice. It has new bellows, everything seems straight and locks down tight, rangefinder is nice, GG is clean and nice. I just recovered it in black so it resembles a Master now.

If I look at the ball bearings I can see that the top one is not centered in it's mount like the bottom, so I'm pretty sure that is where the issue lies.

Marflex@aol.com 252-652-4401