PDA

View Full Version : Empty 4X5 sheet film boxes

wskmosaic
10-Aug-2010, 19:54
Anybody looking to dispose of some empty 4X5 sheet film boxes--the three-box kind--that are still light-tight? Small size preferred--25-sheet or less. I'd be willing to take them off your hands and would gladly pay the postage. Four or so would be nice.
tnx
Warren Kornberg

Wade D
11-Aug-2010, 02:12
Warren,
Too bad I didn't know about this till now. I could have sent a few boxes with the holders. Even though they weigh next to nothing the shipping would still be about 5 bucks minimum.
Best thing to do is start shooting and developing and in no time you'll have more than you need.
Regards,
Wade

LaurentB
11-Aug-2010, 05:00
Hi,

Where are you located ? I may have 2 available (25 sheets size), but I'm in France, so postage might be a killer.

wskmosaic
11-Aug-2010, 05:17
Hi,

Where are you located ? I may have 2 available (25 sheets size), but I'm in France, so postage might be a killer.

Many thanks, but I'll pass on the international postage.
Merci,
Warren

wskmosaic
11-Aug-2010, 05:22
Warren,
Too bad I didn't know about this till now. I could have sent a few boxes with the holders. Even though they weigh next to nothing the shipping would still be about 5 bucks minimum.
Best thing to do is start shooting and developing and in no time you'll have more than you need.
Regards,
Wade

Wade:
Good to hear from you. I just ordered film in a 100-sheet box and need some smaller ones for sorting out exposed film prior to processing. If you can send me about half a dozen I will send the postage any way you like.
tnx
Warren

Frank Petronio
11-Aug-2010, 06:25
Coming your way, sent some exposed film to practice loading with too.

John Bowen
11-Aug-2010, 07:20
Frank,

Are these boxes from your stash of AA boxes from the 30's? :-)

wskmosaic
11-Aug-2010, 10:11
Coming your way, sent some exposed film to practice loading with too.

Thank you. How do I reimburse the postage?
Warren

l2oBiN
12-Aug-2010, 15:53
Frank & guys. I am just starting out in 4x5 and I would really really appreciate if someone could send me some 4x5 film boxes and some exposed film so I can practise loading the film and getting it into the boxes. A couple of three seals and two seals would be great. I am in Sweden, and I am happy to pay for the postage.

Frank Petronio
12-Aug-2010, 16:48
Get a European!

Use three seals!

l2oBiN
15-Aug-2010, 02:59
Sorry Frank, I did not understand your reply.

Sirius Glass
15-Aug-2010, 05:44
I also could use an empty box for 4x5 negatives.

Steve

l2oBiN
24-Aug-2010, 15:27
I am still looking for these. I hope someone can please send me some (as stated, I will cover the shipping charges). Please PM me if you can help.

DolphinDan
29-Aug-2010, 15:08
Hi,

I have a couple of 4x5 Fuji 10 sheet boxes. What is your mailing address? You can PM with that info me if you like.

Namaste
Daniel

John Fink Jr.
12-Nov-2010, 09:05
Hi Frank,
I'm on the bandwagon (a bit late) for a couple of 4x5 boxes after I get my negatives out of my camera.
Frank, I see you are the Savior here, so if it's possible? I read your recent article in View Camera and decided to jump in with a Graflex 4x5 Crown Graphic Special/ Xenar 135mm. I have holders with negatives to practice loading. I just ned the lightproof box or boxes. I'm in NJ.

Best to all,
John

John Fink Jr.
12-Nov-2010, 14:56
Hello Folks,

I too am just starting out in 4x5 and need just a few 4x5 tight boxes.
If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.
I do have exposed negatives that came in my film holders, so just the boxes.

I am in the USA/NJ I will of course pay for any postage.

Best to all,
John

Bob Kerner
12-Nov-2010, 15:30
Your better photo labs, ones that process LF, should have boxes. Though the number of labs doing this work are dwindling. I went to a place on NYC today that did my 4x5 work years ago and they had no boxes because they don't douch LF work now.

Will mail order places send your boxes back? I'm considering using Praus upstate Ny. Prices comprehend with big city and I don't have to schlep in to drop off pick up. But I need my boxes back!

Frank Petronio
12-Nov-2010, 18:45
Ask Edgar and he'll send you boxes for postage, and he always returns what you send too. http://www.4photolab.com

rguinter
12-Nov-2010, 18:54
Hello Folks,

I too am just starting out in 4x5 and need just a few 4x5 tight boxes.
If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.
I do have exposed negatives that came in my film holders, so just the boxes.

I am in the USA/NJ I will of course pay for any postage.

Best to all,
John

John: I'm in Morristown NJ and I work in Bayonne.

If you are not too far away let me know and you can have a few (filled) boxes of severely outdated 4x5 film that you can have for practice. I believe they are an old Fuji emulsion in 50 sheet boxes. The color shift from years of storage is severe and it is of no use for shooting. Let me know. Bob G.

John Fink Jr.
14-Nov-2010, 14:35
Thanks Bob!! I'll take you up on those. I sent you an email.
I really appreciate the kindness here!

Best to all,
John

John Fink Jr.
16-Nov-2010, 15:23
Hey Bob, Apparently your email box here is full, so you may not have gotten my message.
Please empty it so we can proceed.

Thanks,
John

rguinter
17-Nov-2010, 10:43
Hey Bob, Apparently your email box here is full, so you may not have gotten my message.
Please empty it so we can proceed.

Thanks,
John

Sorry John for the delay. Emptied last night.

Bob

biedron
27-May-2011, 21:01
Anybody looking to dispose of some empty 4X5 sheet film boxes--the three-box kind--that are still light-tight? Small size preferred--25-sheet or less. I'd be willing to take them off your hands and would gladly pay the postage. Four or so would be nice.
tnx
Warren Kornberg

I am also in need of some empty 4x5 boxes to bootstrap my large format adventure, and will gladly pay postage. 3-4 small-size boxes would be great. I'm located in Virginia.

Thanks!

Bob

biedron
28-May-2011, 12:26
I am also in need of some empty 4x5 boxes to bootstrap my large format adventure, and will gladly pay postage. 3-4 small-size boxes would be great. I'm located in Virginia.

Thanks!

Bob

LFPF member Tautatis was very gracious to sent 3 boxes, so that should be plenty to get me going.

Thanks Adrian!!!

Bob

meven
28-May-2011, 22:46
Hi, I am also in need of some empty 4x5 boxes. Any size would do. I am a newbie to 4x5 photography (although I have been reading this forum for quite a while now) and will soon be struggling with managing my unprocessed films.

I am located in Singapore but I don't mind waiting for 2 to 3 weeks for the boxes to arrive if it brings done the cost of shipping. Alternatively, you can also send them to my address in France if it is more convenient. I would pick them up in August.

Cheers,
Max

aFeinberg
11-Aug-2014, 05:18
Resurrecting this old thread as it looks like I will need some empty boxes :) Any 25 sheet (3box preferably)?? Much thanks!!

aF

biedron
11-Aug-2014, 22:13
Aaron,

I have 3 20-sheet (3 box) ones I could send. Seems like only yesterday I made a similar request above :) PM me your address.

Bob

Resurrecting this old thread as it looks like I will need some empty boxes :) Any 25 sheet (3box preferably)?? Much thanks!!

aF

aFeinberg
12-Aug-2014, 00:31
Ha! We should just have the same 3 boxes keep going around the community. Everyone write their name on the boxes before sending. :)

biedron
12-Aug-2014, 12:20
Three boxes on their way. Expect in about a week.

Put 'em to good use!

lharby
20-Jun-2016, 06:46
Hi

I hope it's OK to bump this thread. I am also in need of 2 or 3 4x5 empty film boxes, if anyone can spare them?

I am UK based, more than happy to cover postage and a bit more for your trouble.

TIA
Luke

Jac@stafford.net
20-Jun-2016, 07:41
Perhaps it is time for one of us (me, really) to start making such boxes. Seriously.

seezee
20-Jun-2016, 07:52
I could use a few myself. Would pay domestic US postage to anyone who can spare 4 empties.

lharby
20-Jun-2016, 08:39
Perhaps it is time for one of us (me, really) to start making such boxes. Seriously.

I did think about checking out muji.

http://www.muji.eu/

tgtaylor
20-Jun-2016, 09:42
I've been throwing mine out but still have 2 4x5 (20 sheet and a 50 sheet box) and 4 8x10 boxes. Send me a PM for the ones you want and your address and I'll see what the PO wants to ship them to you. Pick-up possible if you are in the Bay Area.

Thomas

biedron
20-Jun-2016, 21:20
Hi

I hope it's OK to bump this thread. I am also in need of 2 or 3 4x5 empty film boxes, if anyone can spare them?

I am UK based, more than happy to cover postage and a bit more for your trouble.

TIA
Luke

Luke,

If you haven't found any, yet PM me. I have some you can have.

Bob

williaty
20-Jun-2016, 22:53
I foolishly threw all my empty boxes out during my long absence from LF photography. Can anyone spare a couple of 3-layer 4x5 boxes to bootstrap me until I empty some new ones of my own? Location is central Ohio.

lharby
21-Jun-2016, 00:43
I don't think I have ever thrown out a single photography paper box (storage), but I have only just started shooting 4x5, so I have none of the live ones emptied yet.

RJ-
23-Oct-2016, 15:18
I don't know if it's within guidelines to post here - I offered >10 of them free. Still have some left although I won't get back to the darkroom for another week.

RJ

peter schrager
23-Oct-2016, 17:55
Anyone need some boxes let me know
Have several sizes
Best peter

seezee
28-Dec-2016, 17:09
I still need some, if anyone wants to send 'em to me.