PDA

View Full Version : Full featured Sinar front

Bob McCarthy
10-Aug-2010, 08:15
I really enjoy my sinar P's but had a question for the knowledgeable amongst you.

One advantage of Sinar equipment is the ability to use the sinar shutter, mounted between the bellows and front standard. Opens the door to many older interesting lenses in barrel.

My question is, do any of the folding 8x10 cameras who use the sinar lensboard also use the bellows mounting method whereas the shutter could be used in the field.

Chaminox. S-H, or ??

Some will work with a customer to provide a special need, or is this major surgery??

bob

Clive Gray
10-Aug-2010, 09:17
I don't know about in 10X8 but this thread (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=57638) about a Shen Hao 5X4 may be of interest to you.

Darryl Baird
10-Aug-2010, 10:00
Chamonix = no... not without an adapter, as it interferes with the rise/tilt controls... and it can only be mounted in front of the standard since the rear (bellows to standard) size is smaller.

rdenney
11-Aug-2010, 07:17
You could probably persuade Shen-Hao to mount the front standard of the XPO on an 8x10 camera. It has the compatibility on both sides of the standard that you need. But they would also have to make a special bellows just for that arrangement.

Rick "undeniably lusting after the XPO, despite preferring monorail cameras" Denney