PDA

View Full Version : Finally did it.....

Ed Candland
24-Apr-2002, 21:54
Well I finally bit the bullet and called Badger and ordered a 4x5 outfit. I want ed to thank everyone for the help the last couple of months in desiding what to get. I ended up with a Toyo 45AX, Fuji 135 CMW, ( At a very good price thanks to the declining yen. if your interested you might want to give jeff a call) Penta x digital spot, Photo Trekker and the other odds and ends needed. Thanks again for all the help. Ed,

Douglas Gould
24-Apr-2002, 22:36
Ed,

Congrats!! (love my 45A)!

David Karp
24-Apr-2002, 23:57
Ed,

Have a great time with it. I think you will love it.

Mark Sampson
25-Apr-2002, 12:45
And welcome to the wonderful world of large format!

Matthew Runde
25-Apr-2002, 13:42
Ed,

When the camera arrives I want you to place your left hand on the box, raise your right hand, and say the following: "I swear by the groundglass that I will not do what Matthew did when he got his Toyo 45AX. I will use my new camera, and will not just set it up on the tripod, admire it, and later - having taken no pictures with it - sell it for a fraction of what I paid for it so that I can buy 35mm gear that will disappoint me and make me buy another 4x5 camera."

Have fun!

Ed Candland
25-Apr-2002, 15:07
Matthew, I promise, I promise! I haven't really shot much of anything in the last few years. Almost completely because of the lack of image quality with 35mm enlagements of any size. I can wait to get back some big chromes and negs.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Ed,

chris jordan
25-Apr-2002, 18:07
Ed, you might want to send some going-away cards to your loved ones; they won't be seeing much of you for the next ten or twenty years. HA!!! Massive good luck and best wishes on your new voyage.

~cj (Seattle)

Jorge Gasteazoro
25-Apr-2002, 19:25
Resistance is futile!! :-))) I feel so sorry for you, nezt thing you will want an 8x10, a 11x14....etc etc.....please try not to spend your children's college fund...... Welcome to the fold....

Jim Billlups
28-Apr-2002, 17:05
Ed,

Congratulations! Speaking from experience, you'll love the 45AX!

Enjoy!