PDA

View Full Version : Roman Loranc exhibit tomorrow, Aug 7, in Carmel

Tony Karnezis
6-Aug-2010, 11:41
http://photographywest.com/pages/reception.html

Photography West is having an artist reception for Roman Loranc tomorrow, August 7th from 4-6 pm.

Photography West Gallery
SE Corner of Dolores at Ocean
P.O. Box 5306
Carmel, CA 93921
831-625-1587

Bill_1856
6-Aug-2010, 12:22
Always glad to see him getting the attention he deserves. I'd love to see his work in person.
Wish his book, Fractal Dreams, was affordable -- the first one (Two Hearted Oak) is magnificant.

Brian Ellis
6-Aug-2010, 12:27
Roman has sure come a long way since he was a fellow student in one of John Sexton's workshops about 13 years ago. Back then he was showing portraits.

Louie Powell
7-Aug-2010, 04:43
I've seen his work at Gallery West several times. Unfortunately, while we will be in the Bay Area next week, we will be heading North to Napa and Sonoma this year.

I find my preferences moving away from landscapes - too much of what I've seen recently has struck me as being done to demonstrate the photographic process and not a statement about the landscape. Roman's work is an exception to that observation - he captures an emotional element in his pictures that goes far beyond the the ordinary.

And his print quality ain't shabby, either.

Mike Castles
7-Aug-2010, 06:40
... Roman's work is an exception to that observation - he captures an emotional element in his pictures that goes far beyond the the ordinary.

And his print quality ain't shabby, either.

Isn't that the true, Louie. Well said.

patrickjames
7-Aug-2010, 08:57
Roman is an interesting fellow.