PDA

View Full Version : Book: Making KODAK Film

MakingKODAKfilm
31-Jul-2010, 03:49
Making KODAK Film, The Illustrated Story of State-of-the Art photographic Film Manufacturing by Robert L. Shanebrook. $29.95.

Please see my website to order. makingkodakfilm.com

My post-retirement book is available for sale.

The book gives a simple but thorough description of film manufacturing with over 130 photograph and over 25 diagrams of how Kodak makes film today.

If you want one now is the time to order.

I am not printing a large number so I hope to sell out. The information is unique. It contains far more information on film manufacturing than Kodak has ever made public. It is unlikely that this information will be available from other sources. No one else has the rights to publish anything that is in the book.

I have received favorable endorsements and reviews so I think people will enjoy the book.

Please share this email with anyone that might be interested in the book. I financed the project and am self-publishing so I will greatly appreciate your forwarding this announcement.

Jeff Bannow
31-Jul-2010, 07:29
Placed my order. Thanks!

henrysamson
31-Jul-2010, 09:49
I just ordered one also.

Jim C.
31-Jul-2010, 14:42
Robert,
The book sounds very, very interesting.
Since there is no book at this time for me to leaf thru before plunking down
money, can you elaborate if there is any text to accompany the pictures
and graphics in the book or is it all pictures and graphics ?

MakingKODAKfilm
31-Jul-2010, 19:27
Robert,
The book sounds very, very interesting.
Since there is no book at this time for me to leaf thru before plunking down
money, can you elaborate if there is any text to accompany the pictures
and graphics in the book or is it all pictures and graphics ?

From Bob Shanebrook:
If you look at the 5 pages on my website your find some more info:

There are 165 figures: over 130 photographs, over 25 drawing. My estimate is that 60% of the printed surface is photographs and figures. The rest is text. There are 23K words according to my MS WORD word counter. There are a few pages that are all text. The fundamental design is the work flow of materials through the factory with photographs of the equipment and materials. There are captions for the pictures. In order to understand some of the steps it is necessary to explain it via text. There is also an appendix that explains little of color theory and how color neg and color reversal works.

In the contents page there is a table of figures that gives a very brief description of each of the 165 figures. The only questionable one is the obligatory photo me.

Bob

ljsegil
1-Aug-2010, 05:08
Looks like very interesting information that has otherwise not been available to us. I'll take the chance on what looks like a winning book; ordered.
Larry

Ron Bose
1-Aug-2010, 06:07
ordered ...

Brian C. Miller
1-Aug-2010, 11:04
Check's in the mail! :)

IanMazursky
2-Aug-2010, 09:00
sent my check in, cant wait to see the book!

eddie
2-Aug-2010, 09:26
i will be in rochester on aug 3 and 4. can i pick one up then?

e

Steve Goldstein
18-Aug-2010, 16:12
My copy arrived today. All I can say is - wow!

IanMazursky
18-Aug-2010, 16:41
I received mine the other day and its amazing!!!
Film just amazes me, the fact that it all works is just mind boggling and Roberts book just proves it. The pictures alone are worth the price.

Whats great about this book is not just the emulsion making and coating but he also shows us the Estar film base, gelatin and Silver Nitrate manufacturing.
He takes us from the beginning steps of the film base and gelatin to the emulsion, coating, finishing and QC.

I highly recommend the book for anyone who loves film. Thank you Robert for sharing it with us!

Sirius Glass
21-Aug-2010, 06:06
I got mine. Have your ordered yours?

Great book. Great addition to my photo library.

Steve

Ben Syverson
21-Aug-2010, 16:11
Just ordered a copy. I really can't wait to check this out!

John NYC
21-Aug-2010, 17:17
Ordered one today, too. Very curious to understand the process in detail.