PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what this package is worth?

Pawlowski6132
26-Jul-2010, 18:51
I have an opportunity to buy this but, am afraid I'm being over charged. Before I tell you what it's being offered to me for, what would you pay?

8x10 Deardorff camera body, Tennessee manufacture, serial number 7074. Clean condition overall. Focussing shaft for back standard has a loose gear on one side that needs to be re-pinned or re-staked to the shaft. The back can be focussed by assisting that side to move as the knob is turned. All other focussing movements and shifts and tilts work well. Bellows are clean with no light leaks. Finish is very good to excellent. Has a blank matching wood lensboard in excellent condition. Includes a focussing cloth, polyester two sided black/white, and a Bencher Majestic geared head studio tripod. Metal telescoping legs. Geared elevating column. Heavy duty main casting. Very good condition. Includes both 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 camera screws that are interchangeable by loosening a hex socket set screw. Easily handles an 8x10 view camera.

Schneider Symmar 360mm f/6.8 lens in a black metal lensboard to fit Deardorff with round corners.

A Zone VI mahogany contact printing frame in excellent condition.

Two new Fidelity 8x10 film holders.

Two 25 sheet boxes of Ilford 8x10 film, some film used.

A Kodak achromatic 5x loupe magnifier with translucent base.

dentkimterry
26-Jul-2010, 19:08
I saw that ad too. When someone doesn't put a price on something they usually want too much. First question I would ask is what they want for it. That ad was run a couple of weeks ago too so people aren't biting on it.

Terry

Pawlowski6132
26-Jul-2010, 19:45
I saw that ad too. When someone doesn't put a price on something they usually want too much. First question I would ask is what they want for it. That ad was run a couple of weeks ago too so people aren't biting on it.

Terry

Thanx Terry. Yeah, I thought that was kinda weird; no price. Oh well.

BTW, nice to know there's another LF member near by!

I'm near St. Joe

:)