PDA

View Full Version : L1200 Dismantling head ?

tlitody
22-Jul-2010, 12:28
I need to dismantle my L1200. I have taken the ClS501 head off but I would also like to take the rotating head off. Not sure if this is simple or not. I tried just unlocking the head so it rotates and tried just sliding it off but something I can't see is holding it on. Any ideas what needs loosening/removing?

IanMazursky
22-Jul-2010, 20:11
Hi,
I bet its possible to remove the head, but Ive never done it.
The rotation mechanism might be some sort of capture screws that prevent it from coming off.
Im not sure if it can come off without taking the top plate off and the main spring out.
Just a warning that the main spring is under a lot of tension and can easily hurt you if you are not careful. The lab i bought my L1200 CLS501 bundle from warned me about that.

IC-Racer from the forum sent me pdf's of the manual. Im not sure if it will help but I have combined them and put them on my site at www.prepressexpress.com/downloads/DurstL1200Manual.pdf
Its about a 3mb PDF file with the basic assembly manual and accessories instructions.

Good luck.

tlitody
23-Jul-2010, 04:50
Hi,
I bet its possible to remove the head, but Ive never done it.
The rotation mechanism might be some sort of capture screws that prevent it from coming off.
Im not sure if it can come off without taking the top plate off and the main spring out.
Just a warning that the main spring is under a lot of tension and can easily hurt you if you are not careful. The lab i bought my L1200 CLS501 bundle from warned me about that.

IC-Racer from the forum sent me pdf's of the manual. Im not sure if it will help but I have combined them and put them on my site at www.prepressexpress.com/downloads/DurstL1200Manual.pdf
Its about a 3mb PDF file with the basic assembly manual and accessories instructions.

Good luck.

Thanks, I'm going to contact the durst service centre and see if they can advise but they are moving premises and aren't available for a week or two.

IanMazursky
3-Aug-2010, 12:53
Hi tlitody,
Just curious how you made out with removing the head for the L1200?

tlitody
4-Aug-2010, 09:30
Hi tlitody,
Just curious how you made out with removing the head for the L1200?

I got hold of an ex durst employee who assures me that removing the four allen bolts which hold on the curved plate which is fitted over the rotating head spindle will allow the so called "camera" unit to slide off(thats the bit with the bellows in it). You also need to release and remove the rotating head lock first. It's sounds and looks pretty simple but I haven't actually done it yet. The spindle will still be sticking out and is covered in grease so have something to wrap round it.

p.s. you don't need to touch the spring unit. That stays in place. You'll seee the curved retaining plate and allen bolts when you take the light unit off the top.