PDA

View Full Version : Arca 6x9 F Line Question

rknewcomb
21-Jul-2010, 12:37
Hi,
Did they make a spring back for the 6x9 F line cameras? If one were of a mind
(or out of it) to shoot 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 sheet film, did Arca make a spring back for the post 1984 F line cameras? I've seen one for the older pre 1984 cameras, but am not sure about the newer cameras.
Thank you!

evan clarke
21-Jul-2010, 13:58
Hi,
Did they make a spring back for the 6x9 F line cameras? If one were of a mind
(or out of it) to shoot 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 sheet film, did Arca make a spring back for the post 1984 F line cameras? I've seen one for the older pre 1984 cameras, but am not sure about the newer cameras.
Thank you!

I have one for mine and it's the coolest little thing. It is a modern one and I think it is extremely rare...Evan Clarke. If you would like to see an "image", I'll take my wife's digital and make one!!!!..Evan Clarke

Phil Hudson
21-Jul-2010, 14:23
Just to echo what Evan said.......they did make a spring back for the F-Line 6x9cm Arca, looking at my catalogue it's part #080001 (consisting of #080002 adapter and #080005 groundglass holder/fresnel). I had one for a while so can vouch for their existence!

rknewcomb
21-Jul-2010, 16:26
Thank you for the great help! At least now I know that there is such a thing. May take a very long time to find one though, I'm happy to look for it.
I tell you what, that little 6x9 Arca is the coolest thing in itself.
Evan, I sent you a PM.
thanks!
Robert N.

rknewcomb
21-Jul-2010, 17:20
I was also wondering - Is there anyway to use the binocular viewer with a sheet film back?
I guess one could compose and focus using the viewer with the "regular" groundglass screen, and then remove it and attach the spring back for the actual shot.
What do you experienced people think?

evan clarke
24-Jul-2010, 07:45
I was also wondering - Is there anyway to use the binocular viewer with a sheet film back?
I guess one could compose and focus using the viewer with the "regular" groundglass screen, and then remove it and attach the spring back for the actual shot.
What do you experienced people think?

Hi Robert, I sent you the pics by email. I have the viewer and just don't find it useful. I carry a new style Technika zoom viewfinder in my pocket at all times and have a 6x9 mask for it. I scout my photographs with it, determine my corners and composition and then go get the camera. You need to focus with a loupe anyway, the viewer just doesn't get the job done for fine focus. I have 5 Arca cameras and a Cube and am a huge fan of everything they make except this viewer...EC