PDA

View Full Version : Adox Pan 25 and D76 1:1

DanK
12-Jul-2010, 19:23
Curious if anyone may have experience with Adox Pan 25 and D76 1:1

This is a new film for me, and I am enjoying the results as yet - (controlled setting) - D76 stock

Recommended times for D76 stock solution, 5 minutes - which I've tested and found to be pretty close (4:40) @ 68* for (my) normal development (manual tank) - I rate this film @ 20 - for my printing

I'm concerned with consistent results - much more when I contract for zone - I use a factor of 1.2, which would put me below 4 min...

Does anyone know specifically why the D76 1:1 is not recommended?

If anyone has used 1:1 - any noticeable characteristic changes with this film?

I have lived under the assumption that development times of less than 4 minutes are inconsistent at best.

(I prefer D76)

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Jan Pedersen
12-Jul-2010, 19:36
Dan, No experience with D76 and Adox Pan25, i have developed this film in Pyrocat MC which requires a longer development time.
Your assumption about the below 4 minute development time i think depends on your process.
I don't develop any B&W film less than 4 minutes but do C41 processing at 3.15 minutes in a Jobo without any problems.
It is the time it takes to completely submerge your film and to completely empty and stop the development process that is critical.

DanK
12-Jul-2010, 20:28
Thanks Jan,

I process manually via hangers/tank w/presoak - although I could imagine a delay with tray processing or some daylight tanks...

As far as developer, I'm trying to stick with D76...

Thanks again,
Dan

Lachlan 717
13-Jul-2010, 00:46
Dan, No experience with D76 and Adox Pan25, i have developed this film in Pyrocat MC which requires a longer development time.

Jan,

Can you please let me know what you came up with as your Dev time with Pyro MC? Did you use continuous agitation?

Thanks!

mcfactor
15-Jul-2010, 07:43
I too am interested to hear your development times for pyrocat-MC. I use and love Adox Pan 25 in Rodinal 1:100, but I recently purchased Pyrocat- MC, HD, and WD2D+ to test and I need times to start.

Jan Pedersen
15-Jul-2010, 07:50
12 minutes in 1+1+100 20C in a Jobo Expert continuous agaitation would be a good start for N contrast.
I don't have enough experience with this film for N+ and N- developement.
Not completely sold on this combination though, i think i would like to try Rodinal next time.

Jim Noel
15-Jul-2010, 07:59
There is no reason to not use D-76 1+1. Sometimes manufacturers just don't test in more than one dilution.
Try 8-9 minutes and go from there.