PDA

View Full Version : Jobo CPA help - how to get Expert Drum on

dng88
10-Jul-2010, 20:07
Just got a CPA and try to test it using normal drum first. But my main intention is used it mainly for my 8x10 Expert Drum 3005. (I got a ATL 1500 and a Duolab for smaller one.)

This is the first time I have a lift. My old CPE does not have one. I found the lift work ok for normal drum but for expert drum, it seems you have to use the one inlet/outlet thing above the expert drum one. I took out the Lift apart but cannot figure out how to get this. It is obvious that you have to move one of the pipe to the inlet/outlet thing above, as well as move two white bit (to clip on the expert drum top cover, as the normal drum do?). But how?

Took some pictures and in particular, I ask a few question on this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisngathk/4781913156/in/set-72157624342465539/

I dare not just to move something as breaking it is very expensive I think.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Oren Grad
10-Jul-2010, 21:04
See the Lift instructions here...

http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_analog/us_analog/instructions/instructions_manual_cpa-2_cpp-2_lift.htm

...in particular, the section titled "Setting the Coupler".

dng88
11-Jul-2010, 01:31
Thanks.

Get the gear working by pushing the white rod down. Unfortunately, the white retaining clip is missing. Only got the below one.

Do not seems to be available anywhere. It does not look like you can take out easily from the bottom one.

Do not know What can I do now?!?

Greg Blank
11-Jul-2010, 05:39
If you are in the US I have two clips I'll sell + plus instructions for installation. PM me if you want a price.

Thanks.

Get the gear working by pushing the white rod down. Unfortunately, the white retaining clip is missing. Only got the below one.

Do not seems to be available anywhere. It does not look like you can take out easily from the bottom one.

dng88
11-Jul-2010, 08:04
If you are in the US I have two clips I'll sell + plus instructions for installation. PM me if you want a price.

Thanks. PM sent.

coops
11-Jul-2010, 08:12
Thanks.

Unfortunately, the white retaining clip is missing. Only got the below one.

I also have a retaining clip mising on the bottom, but the expert drum works fine with just the one. I have heard it is really a difficult job replacing them.

John Brady
11-Jul-2010, 08:26
On a similar note, I had one of my top white clips break on my cpa with lift. I followed some instructions I found on replacing the clips and moved one of my unused bottom clips up since I didn't have any extras. The only problem is now I have chemicals leaking where they should be entering the drum.

What do you think I did wrong and how do I fix it???

www.timeandlight.com

dng88
11-Jul-2010, 08:27
I also have a retaining clip mising on the bottom, but the expert drum works fine with just the one. I have heard it is really a difficult job replacing them.

I also need the instruction to move them up. After move them up, I would have to reseve this for the Expert Drum purely if I cannot get any extra clip later.

Bidding a Lift just for the two white platic chip is a bit tough and laughable. I hope Greg can help me out here.

Really, I do not know this is so Dark Art or Magic.