PDA

View Full Version : Will 110 Super Symmar XL cover 8x10?

Butch Welch
12-Mar-2002, 13:50
Does anyone know the actual image circle of this lens? The 150 SSXL cover 7x17 and the 210 SSXL covers 12x20. Will this lens cover 8x10? and if so any extra room for movement?

Terry_2293
12-Mar-2002, 14:03
Dan Smith asked this exact question last Thursday:

http://hv.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=008JTW

Does the 110XL cover 8x10? Schneider says "Almost," survey says, "Yes, barely, if you stop down a bit," and all agree that no movements are possible on 8x10

bglick
12-Mar-2002, 16:30
At f22, no movements, my 110 SSXL will cover 8x10, of course ND center filter absolutely mandatory!

bob moulton
12-Mar-2002, 19:44
Barely and yes. At infinity coverage depends upon how close you can get the lens to the film. If your camera lacks bag bellows and you cannot tilt the lens board back and then starighten the lens to perpendicular, then you may be in for some problems, unless you opt for a recessed lensboard. But for interiors the coverage is better, at least for me, since you are extending lens from film plane. review of the lens in Shutterbug last year was illustrated with an interior shot that displayed crisp acrosss the frame iamge made with 8x10. Bob

bob moulton
12-Mar-2002, 19:44
Barely and yes. At infinity coverage it depends upon how close you can get the lens to the film. If your camera lacks bag bellows and you cannot tilt the lens board back and then starighten the lens to perpendicular, then you may be in for some problems, unless you opt for a recessed lensboard. But for interiors the coverage is better, at least for me, since you are extending lens from film plane. review of the lens in Shutterbug last year was illustrated with an interior shot that displayed crisp acrosss the frame iamge made with 8x10. Bob

John Burnley
13-Mar-2002, 13:53
In the Shutterbug write-up by Roger Hicks I vaguely remember him saying something like the lens did not cover 8x10 at infinity but that it worked for interiors. That was the implication I took from the article, anyway.

Michael Yuen
14-Mar-2002, 08:13
In Roger Hick's new book "Medium and Large Format Photography", he has couple of photos taken with the 110mm Super Symmar XL.