PDA

View Full Version : Fuji instant FP-100B45 discontinued

Dirk Rösler
5-Jul-2010, 20:05
It would appear that Fujifilm has stopped making the 4x5 size black and white peel apart instant film in 100 speed. 500 and 3000 seem unaffected, as does the range of smaller sizes.

John NYC
5-Jul-2010, 20:50
If there were prize for worst marketing and PR department in the world, Fuji would be the hands down winner. They seem to rely on rumors to disseminate all their info, even when true. At least Kodak makes proper announcements.

EDIT:

They just released it last year...

http://www.digitalpixels.net/2009/10/photo-gear/p-100b-4x5-black-and-white-peel-apart-sheet-film/

Eirik Berger
6-Jul-2010, 14:21
NOOOOOOOoooooooooo.......

F**k. It seems like Fuji is hiding in caves in mountains far away, and sending "press releases" with either telex or paper on strapped on to a dusty donkey.
Well, I loved it and hopefully my 38 exposures can defend the investment of the #$$%&%# film holder.

I came across the Fuji Artdol developer by accident (your store by the way) and it dissapeared equally fast. It was really great with Acros sheet film. They are really bad about telling people about their great products, and it seems like the withdraw them from the market as soon as the popularity grows.

Any news about a new batch of Fortia SP perhaps? I would personally fly to Tokyo and kiss a Fuji boss if they launched it in 4x5, or 8x10...

Sorry Dirk, got a little carried away.

At least I will soon post an order for some Fuji Instax Mini for my 4,5 year old daughter. She loves the camera, she likes her instant camera (and the pink carrying bag and photo albums) far better than her mothers Canon IXUS.

mrladewig
6-Jul-2010, 16:03
Fortia SP would be a treat in 4X5!

Otherwise, I have to agree regarding the completely unclear direction which Fuji has taken in bringing their products to market and subsequently in their discontinuance. Kodak sets the bar on this communication with their customers and Fuji is nowhere near that level of professionalism.

Darin Boville
6-Jul-2010, 16:31
Soooo....is the film discontinued or....?

--Darin

dentkimterry
6-Jul-2010, 17:13
Soooo....is the film discontinued or....?

--Darin

Not sure but Freestyle has some right now........................

JustinB
9-Jul-2010, 19:17
I can't find anything at all about Fuji FP-3000B in 4x5 size, does such a thing even exist?

BetterSense
9-Jul-2010, 19:50
Can you freeze FP100* films? Just wondering in case I have to stockpile. I know some polaroid film wasn't supposed to be frozen.

letchhausen
10-Jul-2010, 11:30
This is so annoying. They just started bring this stuff into the US last year. If they were expecting to see gangbusters sales due to the demise of Polaroid they missed two key points, that a jillion people here have Polaroid holders which are single sheet and Polaroid had a broad spectrum of film speeds, even sepia. Sure Fuji makes this in other speeds but they don't distribute it in the US. So that means you had to buy a $200 holder so you could use film that was even more expensive that the Polaroid 4x5 pack film. So to pull the plug a year later seems idiotic to say the least. I've been using the film myself and am sorry to see it go. It would of helped if they had imported the other speeds for different applications. I know I can order those from overseas but that ain't cheap. Still to build a market you need to give it time. I've been showing people my stuff and some guys were looking into getting a holder. Now I'll have to tell everyone to forget it. That you can't trust Fuji.

I think there must be some guy in the company that is trying to kill off all the analog because they sure ain't endearing themselves to analog customers at this point in time. Their communication is non-existent and their decisions haphazard.

Darin Boville
10-Jul-2010, 14:48
So....the pack film is still, o.k.? This applies to just the single sheets?

--Darin

Eirik Berger
10-Jul-2010, 15:03
Does it even exist in single sheet film?
I have used it only in pack-film with the PA-45 holder

So....the pack film is still, o.k.? This applies to just the single sheets?

--Darin

John NYC
10-Jul-2010, 15:46
I think there must be some guy in the company that is trying to kill off all the analog because they sure ain't endearing themselves to analog customers at this point in time.

Yeah agree, and I am going to help him... Fuji have gotten their last dollars from me. Kodak and Ilford are where I am going to sink my money, and cross my fingers.

Mike_E
13-Jul-2010, 19:42
Stupid question alert.

If you bought a pack of instant film, could you then take it apart and use the individual sheets in something like a 545 or 545i?

Darin Boville
13-Jul-2010, 23:36
Stupid question alert.

If you bought a pack of instant film, could you then take it apart and use the individual sheets in something like a 545 or 545i?

Nope. The packs don't have individual sleeves--you can't separate them from the metal holder thingy they come in without ruining them...

--Darin

Mike_E
14-Jul-2010, 04:29
Thanks, back to the drawing board I guess. :)

Dirk Rösler
15-Jul-2010, 17:18
More bad news: all 100 speed and 400 speed black and white peel apart films are now officially discontinued, large and small size. That leaves ONLY the 3000 speed film, both sizes.

Darin Boville
15-Jul-2010, 17:36
Dirk,

Just to clarify,

Are you saying that the pack films in those speeds are discontinued, too?

Color film availability?

How do you know this to be true?

--Darin

Oren Grad
15-Jul-2010, 18:25
How do you know this to be true?

http://fujifilm.jp/business/photo/fotorama/film001.html

http://fujifilm.jp/business/photo/fotorama/film002.html

The products marked with the little red label directly under the product name, and with the accompanying line of red text in the product details, have been discontinued.

Dirk Rösler
15-Jul-2010, 18:26
I'm talking b/w white only. There is nothing except pack films, so I am talking about those, yeah.

It's on Fujifilm Japan's website with a big "end of production" sign next to it.

Jim C.
15-Jul-2010, 18:35
Let the hoarding begin !
:mad: :mad:

Rayt
16-Jul-2010, 19:34
Perfect timing as usual - I just got a PA-145 yesterday :(

Jim C.
16-Jul-2010, 21:55
So far I haven't seen stocks of Fuji instant go as fast as Polaroid, but now that
I've said that .....

rco3
19-Jul-2010, 10:34
I just called Freestyle and asked about the cancellation, and was told that it was not cancelled. ( I didn't go down the path of "oh, but I saw a post in a forum on the Internet that says it IS cancelled!", I just said OK.) They show a shipment due on Friday (July 23, 2010) and seemed pretty confident. So, I went ahead and ordered some. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Darin Boville
19-Jul-2010, 10:36
Of course, if it really is discontinued we can just suffer along with ND filters on the 3000...not perfect but you can see the business logic...

--Darin

Michael Gordon
20-Jul-2010, 15:42
If there were prize for worst marketing and PR department in the world, Fuji would be the hands down winner.

Agreed!

Even better, they recently released the beautiful looking Fuji GF670 (http://www.fujifilmusa.com/press/news/display_news?newsID=879818) medium format folding camera.........just in time for the discontinuation of numerous Fuji emulsions! :eek:

Do they have any clue over there? :confused:

Brian C. Miller
20-Jul-2010, 22:18
I think that Fuji is keeping up with Mamiya.
GF670 (80mm lens): $1900
Mamiya 7 II w/80mm lens: $3500

Bill Dunlop
26-Oct-2010, 14:03
I just spoke with Kelly from Fuji customer service regarding FP10045B. I was told that yes the instant film WAS discontinued, but they would be bringing it back soon. Kelly did not know for sure when it would be available again, but guessed in a month or so.

Daniel Stone
26-Oct-2010, 14:51
what the heck? discontinue it, just to bring it back? WAS THIS ALL EMULSIONS, or JUST FP-100B45?

I'd imagine theres still enough of a market for FP-100C(MF and 4x5 versions), and FP-100b(MF and 4x5).

3000b from what I've found is used by most people in lab situations, on microscopes,etc... a hospital I used to sell to when I was working for a camera shop here in LA was using the 3000b(MF pack) on electron microscopes. interesting use, but needed the high speed due to a small working aperture(or something along those lines). also think they used it for "wave-testing"? IDK, all I know is that they ordered a butt-load of it at a time(quarterly usually, like 300-400packs of it at a time). so yeah, it was good for the commissions check those months :).

but damnit, would Fuji stop doing this push-pull thing with us? driving me nuts

-Dan

vinny
26-Oct-2010, 15:08
I just spoke with Kelly from Fuji customer service regarding FP10045B. I was told that yes the instant film WAS discontinued, but they would be bringing it back soon. Kelly did not know for sure when it would be available again, but guessed in a month or so.

In other words, 4 months. Thats the run around i got when they were importing it here the first time. I hope its so.

BetterSense
26-Oct-2010, 15:09
I'm already cherishing my current pack of FP100B45 carefully, thinking it's probably my last. I hope it does get reintroduced, though.

Greg_Thomas
26-Oct-2010, 18:20
Oh, man I loved FP3000B45 for fun handheld, small aperture shots.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2425/4003558143_55260160db.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/getphotos/4003558143/)
Tomatoes in Tehachapi (http://www.flickr.com/photos/getphotos/4003558143/) by G.E.T. (http://www.flickr.com/people/getphotos/), on Flickr