PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up - Cheap Velo II Soft Focus Lens FS

CCHarrison
3-Jul-2010, 05:54
See http://www.mwclassic.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_NEW_ARRIVED_2nd_JULY___CAMERAS___LENSES_2.html

The Velostigmat lens listed is the series II with Soft Focus adjustment.

No affiliation with the seller.

Good Luck
Dan

read more about this lens here:

http://www.antiquecameras.net/softfocuslenses2.html

Emil Schildt
3-Jul-2010, 10:01
See http://www.mwclassic.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_NEW_ARRIVED_2nd_JULY___CAMERAS___LENSES_2.html

The Velostigmat lens listed is the series II with Soft Focus adjustment.

No affiliation with the seller.

Good Luck
Dan

read more about this lens here:

http://www.antiquecameras.net/softfocuslenses2.html

Saw it last night, but unfortunately I can't pay online... (their option for credit payment isn't working yet...)

I then mailed them, saying I would like to buy the lens, but if they let me, I don't know...

Sven Schroder
3-Jul-2010, 10:20
Hi
Its not been working for some time, I usual have to phone but they have a paypal account for ebay maybe the could send a paypal invoice (if you use paypal that is).
Always worth watching what they have.
Regards
Sven

goamules
3-Jul-2010, 13:44
Doh...thanks for reminding me I have a new Velo with soft focus to try out....and just finished shooting a portrait sitting with a Verito.... Oh well, like we were saying in another thread, all Wollensaks are fun.

Emil Schildt
4-Jul-2010, 11:00
It has now dissapeared from the site...

It is SO annoying, that they make their updates late friday night (!!), and then we can't get hold of them until monday....

not very professional.

Steven Tribe
4-Jul-2010, 16:24
Dear Emil - it IS professional if they have read your email and removed it from the listing! They are faster now in removing sold objectives than they used to be. The lenses I bought from them in the past year were all removed quite quickly.

Emil Schildt
4-Jul-2010, 17:30
Dear Emil - it IS professional if they have read your email and removed it from the listing! They are faster now in removing sold objectives than they used to be. The lenses I bought from them in the past year were all removed quite quickly.

hmm - maybe, but if they had time to remove the add, then they should have mailed me with two words: it's yours....(?)

well - it is soon monday - then we'll see. I don't expect much.

(nice people to talk with, by the way...)

Ash
5-Jul-2010, 09:13
Their site/business is flaky. I've called to purchase things before, paid, then got a call 10 minutes later saying "sorry someone else bought it". YMMV

Phil Hudson
5-Jul-2010, 10:03
Like Ash I've had rather poor service from MW Classic in the past. Their online payment function has been inoperative since forever leaving you to guess whether the item is still in stock, sold to you or some other lucky person.

On the other hand they sometimes have good prices and often have unusual items (or at least unusual here in the UK). Hope the lens ends up with the "right" (ie first) buyer......but who knows?

Emil Schildt
5-Jul-2010, 11:07
"sorry someone else bought it". ...

the content of a mail just recieved..
So I didn't get it - as I suspected...:(

In the "past" (a year or two ago), they had a lot of great lenses - now it seems they are saving them for dirct Ebay selling..

I have bought several items from them (even though I think their shipping prices are rather high); I have never had a bad item sent, but things have changed........

Steven Tribe
5-Jul-2010, 14:18
"sometimes have good prices and often have unusual items" - yes.
"Their site/business is flaky" - yes.
"I have never had a bad item sent" - yes.

I can't judge their Leica etc. business but they have little knowledge about large format lenses - so prices can be OK - but you have to look at the photo(s) very, very carefully.

seven
5-Jul-2010, 23:06
we can add to this list - they don't reply to emails.

Ash
6-Jul-2010, 01:44
Seven, they never have.

It forces you to call, or give up. They are less "mail order", more "phone & hope order".

Emil Schildt
6-Jul-2010, 04:18
Seven, they never have.

It forces you to call, or give up. They are less "mail order", more "phone & hope order".

In all fairness, that is not true.
I got a mail late monday (I mailed very late friday night)about the lens..

here's what they say:

"Dear Mr Schildt

Thank you for your order for the Wollensak 12 inch lens. Unfortunately, another customer purchased this lens just before we received your email. I am sorry to dissappoint you on this (we were a bit slow to reupdate the website listings this weekend, that was why you ordered it after it was already sold)

I hope you have better luck with any future purchase you make

Yours truly

David Woodford"

numnutz
6-Jul-2010, 05:25
Thank you for your order for the Wollensak 12 inch lens. Unfortunately, another customer purchased this lens just before we received your email. I am sorry to dissappoint you on this (we were a bit slow to reupdate the website listings this weekend, that was why you ordered it after it was already sold)

I got one of these as well...

nn :)