PDA

View Full Version : Filter accessory size for copal #1 shutter

Charles Trottier
16-Apr-2002, 21:15
I have a double convertable Schneider lens that I would like to use filters on t he copal #1 shutter when the front component is removed. Is the front thread on a copal #1 a standard filter size? It seems to be about 39 or 40 mm.

Brian Ellis
16-Apr-2002, 23:10
I use a yellow filter when the front component of my Wollensak triple converble is removed but rather than trying to find a screw in filter that would fit (none of the filters I had on hand would fit so I figured it was an oddball size) I hold a Lee 4" x 4" yellow filter over the front of the shutter. It isn't very elegant but it seems to work fine - at least I haven't yet gotten my hand in the picture. If you don't care to do this, and if you don't get an answer here, I'd check with Steve Grimes.

Steve Clark
16-Apr-2002, 23:18
Charles, I just purchased an adapter ring from Schnieder that allows me to use lenses with a 39mm thread on the front of a Copal #1. Seems as though that should do the trick for you. By the way, Schneider is very proud of those, they are not inexpensive. Steve

Steve Grimes.
17-Apr-2002, 13:26
Front lens thread for a Copal #1 shutter is M39X0.75, An adapter to allow a more standard sized filter such as 46, 49, or 52mm is a special made item which I can make and costs $50.00 See www.skgrimes.com (http://www.skgrimes.com) for more info about this.

Steve G.