PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Symmar-W 150mm

aperalta
29-Jun-2010, 00:16
Hello all:

I have read elsewhere on the forum that there are several makes of this lens. -S -W... I have also learned that the "old" -W do not state so, i.e., they do not say that it is a Symmar -W 150mm.
If this is the case, how do I identify them? Is any APO Symmar 150 that doesn't have any other mark a -W? Do I need to look for a specific serial number?

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro

John Schneider
29-Jun-2010, 03:22
I think you mean the Apo-Sironar aka Apo-Sironar-W

aperalta
29-Jun-2010, 05:25
I think you mean the Apo-Sironar aka Apo-Sironar-W

Yes, exactly. I have been looking at way too many charts and reviews and sironars-symmars...

Anyway... Yes, Apo-Sironar-W, with the sought after 80 degrees coverage and great image circle. If it doesn't have any "-X" then is it the -W? (Is that the only way of identifying it or the serial number can also be used?

Thanks again,

boris
29-Jun-2010, 05:47
the sironar w is mounted in #1 shutter the other 150mm sironars are mounted in #0.
boris

aperalta
29-Jun-2010, 05:52
the sironar w is mounted in #1 shutter the other 150mm sironars are mounted in #0.
boris

Great, thanks!

Rui Morais de Sousa
22-Jul-2010, 06:47
I don't own a 150mm Apo-Sironar W, but I do own the 210mm. It clearly states it's name, so I can't see a chance for confusion. I don't have the lens with me here, so that I can check it up, but I am almost sure that it also has 80º inscribed...
Helping to identify the W is also the color of the ring (? - sorry, I don't know the right word for it...): it is YELLOW (instead of red or green or whatever colors other Rodenstock lenses might have).
Heavy lenses, but very good.
Cheers,
Rui
AL-MOST-LY PHOTOGRAPHY (http://ruimoraisdesousa.blogspot.com/)

aperalta
22-Jul-2010, 18:04
Thanks Rui.