PDA

View Full Version : Install Copal 0 to Lens

Anders_HK
25-Jun-2010, 06:53
Hi,

Is it possible to buy and install a Copal 0 to a lens, or is this something that shall be made by a skillful camera repair shop and should be accurately tested and adjusted?

Much thanks for advise.

Regards
Anders

IanG
25-Jun-2010, 07:19
Most lens cells just screw in either side of the shutter, there's no rocket science although sometimes a spacer washer is used.

So in genearl you can just put your cells into any Copal 0 shutter but you need the right aperture scale, you can make your own if necessary.

Ian

Frank_E
25-Jun-2010, 08:24
I guess it should be added (if it is not obvious)
that the threads on the lens cells need to match the threads on the Copal 0 shutter...
and that the aperture markings on the shutter are related to the focal length of the lens (ie they may vary from lens to lens)

awldune
25-Jun-2010, 11:47
To help us help you, which lens is it that you want to mount in shutter?

If your lens was not designed to go in a shutter, then it is quite difficult to mount it into a shutter. You would need to cut the barrel to the exact correct length and tap threads onto the ends.

There is also the matter of the aperture markings, as noted.

Anders_HK
27-Jun-2010, 21:53
To help us help you, which lens is it that you want to mount in shutter?

If your lens was not designed to go in a shutter, then it is quite difficult to mount it into a shutter. You would need to cut the barrel to the exact correct length and tap threads onto the ends.

There is also the matter of the aperture markings, as noted.

Hi,

Many thanks to above replies. Very helpful.

It is a digital large format lens off from Ebay. Again thanks!

Regards
Anders

Jon Berndt
1-Jul-2010, 08:29
I have just taken a Copal 0 shutter from a Grandagon lens and fitted it on a Schnieder 120mm f8 lense. The shutter opens to 5.6 but the lens is a f8 lens does this mean that I have a problem with a mismatch with the shutter settings?

jon berndt

Dan Fromm
1-Jul-2010, 08:50
The aperture scale is off.