PDA

View Full Version : Shen Hao TZ45IIA and Schneider 90mm lens

lmlmlm
19-Jun-2010, 08:13
I am just starting with LF and got these 2 items, however i cant really focus the lens good enough even with the bellows completely retracted. Am i doing something wrong, or am i supposed to get a recessed lensboard?

If so, exactly which kind of lens board should i be looking for?
Thanks!

sultanofcognac
19-Jun-2010, 09:08
Lucian - I have the same camera and also have the 90 mm angulon lens. I don't have a problem focusing with the lens on that camera. You may want to get a bag bellows though - that will help trememdously.

I will be coming to Cluj-Napoka again in the Autumn to visit an old friend (who is not a photographer). If you'd like to shoot together I'd love to have another LF person to troddle around with for a day. Your country is so beautiful!

Cheers,

Johnny

Brian Ellis
19-Jun-2010, 09:30
The Shen Hao web site, which is in Chinese, shows the 45TZIIA as having a minimum bellows draw of 110mm. If that's correct (and my Chinese is a little weak) it would be impossible to focus a 90mm lens without a bag bellows or possibly a recessed lens board. http://www.shen-hao.com/TZ45IIA.html But then sultanofcognac (where do people come up with these names, is there some problem with using a real name?) says he has no problem with the same model so who knows. Maybe the web site is wrong.

lmlmlm
20-Jun-2010, 04:31
Thanks, i figured it out. It is pretty obvious once you get used to the camera movements.

Johnny: if you do come to Romania, PM me a week ahead, and we'll do a trip together, i know a lot of good places to shoot.

Nasir
23-Dec-2020, 07:55
Thanks, i figured it out. It is pretty obvious once you get used to the camera movements.

Please would you share how you managed to get a 90mm lens to work. I have a bag bellows but the problem I'm seeing is getting the front and rear standards physically close enough which is not down to the bellows but because of how the standards are designed. Thanks.