PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Calgary

carlaf
16-Jun-2010, 22:25
Hi there,

Sort of new to 4x5, just starting to really explore the medium. I have a Graflex and a (borrowed) Linhof Technika system.

4x5 paper neg of my husband
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/392422/new%20blog/leon025.jpg

Pleased to meet everyone, excited about finding this forum. :)

walter23
17-Jun-2010, 00:12
Welcome! I'm a Calgarian, though one who fled the boom a couple of years ago (not such a great party when you've got nothing to do with the oil business).

There's a great LF user's group in Calgary (Eric Rose is a good guy to talk to for info, he's on here) and plenty of talented photographers; maybe you already know some of them.

Pretty nice paper neg. I could never manage to get the contrast down when I've tried them, but then I didn't try that hard.

cowanw
17-Jun-2010, 04:08
Welcome from Ontario
Regards
Bill

Caivman
17-Jun-2010, 06:55
Light leaks at the bottom of the shot of your husband? Might want to check your holders.

Great shot though! Welcome to LF!

jim kitchen
17-Jun-2010, 07:14
Dear carlaf,

Welcome to the forum... :)

Talented folks, good advice, and excellent resources are now at your doorstep. I look forward to viewing more of your images.

jim k

Vick Vickery
17-Jun-2010, 08:13
Welcome to group therepy! :) Quite a few folks around here from the cold land to the north! I visited Canada many years ago and loved it...very friendly people and beautiful countryside.

redrockcoulee
17-Jun-2010, 11:15
Welcome to the forum from three hours east of you in the Hat. The Calgary LF group also has a newsgroup and through it I have obtained an enlarger for myself and another for a friend but have never had or made the time to go to any of their meetings or outings.

Lots of info and assistance at this site. Enjoy and learn.

p_markowski
17-Jun-2010, 22:07
Welcome! Enjoy your creative journey through the photographic medium of film.

Peter from Edmonton, Alberta

Eric Rose
18-Jun-2010, 06:31
Hi there. If you would like to join the Calgary Large Format users Group just drop me a line and I will add you to our roster. It's not a "club" as I hate those things but a group of LF'rs who meet once a month and swap pics, stories and technique. We are having our summer bbq in July so you don't want to miss that. Contact info is: ericrose4x5 AT gmail.com

carlaf
18-Jun-2010, 09:12
Thank you Everyone! I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Eric, do you know Jose? He mentioned that such a group exists and invited me along. I'm going to guess its the same one. Email coming :)

Eric Rose
18-Jun-2010, 12:33
yes indeed it was Jose, but unfortunately the email address I received for you was spelled incorrectly. Have received your email and have added you to the roster.

Charles Hohenstein
18-Jun-2010, 12:44
Welcome.

carlaf
20-Jun-2010, 09:56
Thank you everyone!

I'm a professional photographer, just new to LF :) I have 2 sites if anyone cares to look, www.carlafedje dot com & www.carlafedje-x dot com

Looking forward to meeting the locals Eric. Thanks very much :)

Scott Walker
24-Jun-2010, 09:10
Welcome from Okotoks