PDA

View Full Version : Sinar 8x10 Norma problem with copal shutter

jsch
10-Jun-2010, 12:40
Hi,

today I put my Sinar Copal shutter from my P2 into my Norma. I was able to connect the automatic cable to close the shutter when you insert a film holder with the back of the camera. But if I insert a film holder the piece that should be pushed down is pushed sideways because the holders I use (Fidelity Elite) are rounded at the bottom.

Can you use the automatic function only with the wooden holders which are not rounded or is there a special adapter?

Best,
Johannes

Captain_joe6
10-Jun-2010, 19:38
Johannes,

You could simply unscrew the adapter when using the fidelity holders, or remove the bayonet fitting if you've got the newer modle of cable, either method will work. A simpler solution would be to remove the cable entirely and just remember to close the shutter.

jsch
11-Jun-2010, 01:46
Johannes,

You could simply unscrew the adapter when using the fidelity holders, or remove the bayonet fitting if you've got the newer modle of cable, either method will work. A simpler solution would be to remove the cable entirely and just remember to close the shutter.

But I would like to use the automatic function. My experience is if I do things always the same, I make less mistakes while I work. Example: I have lenses in DB and in shutter mount. If I do portraiture and change lenses during a session I tend to forget things: close the lens, set the apperture ...

Consequently I look for a way to use my Sinar Copal shutter with bot cameras P2 and Norma the same way.

Below is an image that illustrates the problem. The pin is shifted sideways instead of down.

Hope for help,
Johannes

W K Longcor
11-Jun-2010, 04:55
That cable is one of the features that makes the shutter in question so nice to use --I have no experience with these holders with the rounded edge. I am wondering if carefully filing a small flat spot on the corner would work ? Or maybe add a little epoxy style putty to the corner to build up the area?

jsch
11-Jun-2010, 09:45
Hi,

I found the solution. There is a special adapter piece for that. And Sinar can still deliver that. Wow. Sinar was never cheap but always a good partner for the photographer and worth the price.

Best,
Johannes