PDA

View Full Version : Ansel Adams and Edward Burtynsky Exhibit

Ron Marshall
10-Jun-2010, 10:11
Ansel Adams and Edward Burtynsky exhibit at the Shelburne museum, Shelburne, Vermont:

http://shelburnemuseum.org/pressroom/ansel-adams-exhibit-opens-at-shelburne-museum/

Thom Bennett
10-Jun-2010, 12:12
This sounds like a very interesting exhibit contrasting the pristine landscapes of Adams with the modern industrial landscape. Brilliant idea.

Kirk Gittings
10-Jun-2010, 13:38
This sounds like a very interesting exhibit contrasting the pristine landscapes of Adams with the modern industrial landscape. Brilliant idea.

Yeah really.

kevin4x5
20-Jun-2010, 16:45
I went on Saturday Its a great show well worth seeing

Michael Graves
21-Jun-2010, 12:47
My kids took me on Sunday for Father's Day. Nothing like seeing 65 AA photos side by side with Burtynsky to make you feel totally inadequate. The images by both artists were nothing short of amazing.

Michael Graves
26-Jun-2010, 15:02
So if anyone denies Ansel Adams prints are eyepopping, they should hear this. I walked out of the exhibit on Sunday. When I hit the bright light after the dimmer light of the gallery, I had a distinct image in my left eye, like that of a crab with one claw. It wouldn't go away. On Monday, I had to drive to Bridgeport, CT on business, and before I was halfway there, my left eye was a shower of swirling black dots. I was almost afraid to compete the drive. I made it in, called a 24-hr answering service for my doctor at home and was told to get to the emergency room right away. Yale/New Haven took a look at me and after a flurry of examinations, I was admitted for surgery for a double tear of the retina in my left eye.

Maybe I'll stick to less dazzling exhibits in the future.

Capocheny
26-Jun-2010, 21:44
Ron,

I'm sure that would be one GREAT show to see! I've seen some of Burtynsky's images up close and personal but never an Adams. Perhaps, one of these days...

Michael... hope your eyes are well on their way to a full recovery! :)

Cheers

David Karp
26-Jun-2010, 22:01
Michael,

I hope all is well.

Michael Graves
27-Jun-2010, 11:14
Ron,

I'm sure that would be one GREAT show to see! I've seen some of Burtynsky's images up close and personal but never an Adams. Perhaps, one of these days...

Michael... hope your eyes are well on their way to a full recovery! :)

Cheers

They say the surgery was a success. But I won't be able to see out of my left eye for 4 to 6 weeks. Looks like I'll be shooting MF for a while.

Capocheny
28-Jun-2010, 00:06
Hi Michael,

That's great to hear. Most of us take our sense of vision for granted and not give it a second thought until/unless an anomaly like this comes along to "wake us up."

So, I wish you the best of luck for a full recovery!

Cheers

PS: As great as large format is... shooting MF isn't the end of the world.

Or, for that matter... auto-focus! :) :)