PDA

View Full Version : Brass lenses : Made in France

tonkhang
2-Jun-2010, 09:59
Here my collection of brass lenses : Made in France .
Left to right : Gasc & Charconnet , No Name , Hermangis , Jamin&Darlot with cône centralisateur , E.Francais ( biggest )
Thanks for looking.

Ty G
2-Jun-2010, 10:09
Butthole! Just joking, very nice lenses. I am jealous of the Gasc. C.

Are the brass lenscaps original? Or are they your make?

Emmanuel BIGLER
2-Jun-2010, 10:10
Hello from France : Superb(e) !
Another French manufacturer of brass lenses was Lerebours & Secretan
See here some examples
http://www.collection-appareils.fr/Chevalier/html/chambre.php
http://dioptrique.info/base/complements/petzval/images_petzval/image001.gif

Peter Gomena
2-Jun-2010, 10:44
Ya know, even though I don't own a single coveted old brass lens, nor a means of mounting one on any of my cameras, it makes me feel good to know so many of them are still out there and being used. (It makes me crazy there are collectors out there that just accumulate brass for the sake of owning a bunch of old lenses, but that's life.) Use them well!

I'll take my old, beat-up Rapid Rectilinear and go home now.

Peter Gomena

Ty G
2-Jun-2010, 12:17
Peter, cheers to you for being one of the few who value the importance of having a RR.

eddie
2-Jun-2010, 16:04
nice. how big are they? tell me about the biggest. i was to buy several big lenses and then in the last min the guy sold them to a person in canada.....i had thought we had a deal..oh well.

i hope you got it.

eddie

Jim Galli
2-Jun-2010, 16:47
Beautiful! Beautiful. You need a Derogy Puyo Anachromatique in that line up. Looks like organ pipes.

Richard K.
2-Jun-2010, 17:17
nice. how big are they? tell me about the biggest. i was to buy several big lenses and then in the last min the guy sold them to a person in canada.....i had thought we had a deal..oh well.

i hope you got it.

eddie

It wasn't me Eddie! I can't afford any more...ever...again...

for now...

Jon Wilson
3-Jun-2010, 10:15
Here my collection of brass lenses : Made in France .
Left to right : Gasc & Charconnet , No Name , Hermangis , Jamin&Darlot with cône centralisateur , E.Francais ( biggest )
Thanks for looking.

Nice. I love my French glass.....what size is your Gasc & Charconnet? I have a 6 inch and another which is around 14 inches.

Jon

tonkhang
3-Jun-2010, 10:26
Nice. I love my French glass.....what size is your Gasc & Charconnet? I have a 6 inch and another which is around 14 inches.

Jon

My Gasc Charconnet is 20" , ...

Jon Wilson
3-Jun-2010, 14:45
My Gasc Charconnet is 20" , ...

The Gasc Charconnet lens read the reply to their owner's inquiry and in an excited and loving utterance blurt out "Daddy! Husband!" :eek: Baby Gasc and wife Gasc exclaim "When are you coming home to Boise?" :confused: Tonkhang, please do not break the my Gasc lens hearts and keep their Daddy from them. Let me know as soon as you can what can be done to reunite this French Lens family. ;)

But, until that day may come, please post your shots and enjoy your nice collection of French beauties.

Jon

Jim Galli
3-Jun-2010, 14:53
Is it true that if you put French lenses in the same drawer odds are about even that they'll either have a war or reproduce?

Robert Hughes
4-Jun-2010, 12:37
Is it true that if you put French lenses in the same drawer odds are about even that they'll either have a war or reproduce?
Or make an excellent boullibase, served up with wine, cheese and Waterhouse stops.

Stephane
4-Jun-2010, 14:05

They'll go first on indefinite strike because they are way beyond their legal retirement age, so you wont be able to open the drawer anymore until an agreement is reached... Second will be the babies and maybe war...

tom thomas
4-Jun-2010, 15:22
Alors, laissez les pauvre Frenchie lensies alone, they've suffered enough. I'd be worried what will happen if you put them in a drawer with a Graflex light sabre and some of those "DARK Slides." Perhaps they will disappear to join Luke and Yodi.

Oh, should I look for some lenses when I'm in France this September through November? My wife and I are going to our little home in Domazan, Gard for the fall season. Grape Harvest too. I'll keep an eye out at the "Vide Grenier (empty the attic)" sales in the area.

I'd love to take my "new" Graflex along to get some "real" photos of Avignon, the Pont du Gard, the Camargue, Carcassone, Marseilles, etc while I'm there but the "da**ed" airlines will want $50 to ship it along with our necessities. Then, I'd probably have to leave it there when we return. My French wife will want to bring home cheese, not cameras.

Tom

jack_hui
4-Jun-2010, 21:11
Nice looking collection, wish I can take a picture with them!